Where do you keep your Rec Tec?

Talon

Wanted to see where y’all have your Rec Tec and how you cover it, if at all. I had one of the young ladies at RT tell me hers stays uncovered on her porch year round. I’m definitely not leaving it like that, especially with lack of a pellet dump (still baffled by that!). I’ve had my Bull since September and love it. Presently it is under my carport and I’d prefer to move it to my back deck which isn’t covered. I was going to purchase a cover until I read reviews on it and how much of a pita it is to install/remove. Currently it stays under a cheap Oklahoma Joe cover but never gets any rain or snow on it. Like to see how everyone stores theirs and get some suggestions.
Thanks

BTW located in E Tennessee mountains

Up until a couple weeks ago, I kept my Stampede covered with RT cover on back patio. I now have covered patio so don't need the cover. Like you, I would never leave uncovered out in the elements. Things seem to turn dingy quicker when left out.

Garage now, probably patio with the cover this spring

On the deck with cover. I learned on my old grill that one snowstorm can render it unusable. But even without snow, I'd still cover it.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I’m gonna have to bite the bullet and get the RT cover. Hope it isn’t as bad as I’ve read to put on/remove!

My Rec Tec Bull is on my covered back deck and is well protected under there. I also have the Rec Tec grill cover as part of the combo that was purchased that I use for extra measure.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I’m gonna have to bite the bullet and get the RT cover. Hope it isn’t as bad as I’ve read to put on/remove!

Why spend a ton of money on a cover from RT and just get one from Amazon. Look up unicook smoker covers. And no iam not a rep for them. I have been using their covers for a while and they are fantastic and hold really well and half the price. Just my 1/2 cent thought

Trust me iam a huge fan of RT and support them but my wallet comes first and why pay extra just to have their name embroidered on the same type of cover..

Wanted to see where y’all have your Rec Tec and how you cover it, if at all. I had one of the young ladies at RT tell me hers stays uncovered on her porch year round. I’m definitely not leaving it like that, especially with lack of a pellet dump (still baffled by that!). I’ve had my Bull since September and love it. Presently it is under my carport and I’d prefer to move it to my back deck which isn’t covered. I was going to purchase a cover until I read reviews on it and how much of a pita it is to install/remove. Currently it stays under a cheap Oklahoma Joe cover but never gets any rain or snow on it. Like to see how everyone stores theirs and get some suggestions.
Thanks

In my garage with the cover on to keep any sawdust/ metal grindings from getting on it. I was going to keep it on my deck but shes just too purdy lookin'. Thinking she might grow legs and walk away.

My 590 is on my uncovered back deck but I have the cover on it always...then I have another cover on top of the cover because I’m crazy like that. :p

I actually found a decent cover with velcro straps that fits right over the 590 on amazon for $20 so not bad for some added protection.

I keep mine in the garage and when I cook on it I pull it out onto the driveway. I tried it on the back porch/(lanai?) but it was not ideal for having guests over or if my wife and I were enjoying the space. Which is covered and screened in, essentally its an extra room to the house.

Why spend a ton of money on a cover from RT and just get one from Amazon. Look up unicook smoker covers. And no iam not a rep for them. I have been using their covers for a while and they are fantastic and hold really well and half the price. Just my 1/2 cent thought

Trust me iam a huge fan of RT and support them but my wallet comes first and why pay extra just to have their name embroidered on the same type of cover..
Hello, can you let me know which one of the covers will work on the bull?
Thanks!

Thanks

I have had my 680 for 4 plus years all outside and never had a problem save sun damage to the paint. The pellets have never given me any issues as the hopper never gets water in it, I have had winds sweeping around the end of my house sideways and no water creeps in. As for the cover I have one and use it every now and then when I am in the mood to put it on. But it is NOT water proof so I can't see the benifits except sun damage control. There will be a cover on my deck this year.

I keep mine on back patio with cover. I use a John Deer tractor cover for mine. I get it at Lowe’s. The cover has never blown off even in strong wind storms. I never dump my pellets. I’ve left a full bin of pellets in it all winter and never had a problem with it.

Thanks

RT 700 came with competition cart and REC TEC cover. In Iowa so keep it heated garage and move outside to grill. Never use the cover. No problems

I am like dirtyknuckles, my 4 year old RT stays out on my deck year round. I have a cover and used it all the time at first. Now I barely ever put the cover on anymore. I have not had a problem with the hopper letting water in or any other issue. I have an awning that I roll out over the pits if using the pits in rain or snow. Other than that they all stay out uncovered. I am in NJ so we have somewhat cold wet winters and somewhat hot humid summers.

Mine is on my uncovered deck. Had it covered between uses with the RT cover up until a few weeks ago, then stopped covering it. I’ll probably start covering again at some point maybe. It’s sometimes unpredictable when I want to fire it up and don’t want the cover forcing my decision not to use it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobondur
Back