Bull Where do you store your griddle?

Bmax1985

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I'm seasoning my griddle now but wonder where to store it. In the Bull would be great but I'm worried about rust due to humidity if outside or in the garage. What's everyone doing?

I have a lodge cast iron griddle, so I keep it stored inside.

I have the Recteq griddle & just set it on top of the grates inside the RT-700 for storage. It is removed prior to cooks unless being used. It is well seasoned, & I've had no issues with rust. The grill is kept covered between uses & stays on an exposed deck as seen in my avatar.

I got mine free. Its a good thing because I would feel bad about keeping it seasoned and in the garage between uses. Its just really big, hard to store, so few options that are practical. I dont like storing in the 700 because the grease lip on the griddle protrudes just enough to prevent a solid close of the door. So it lives on a shelf in the garage, seasoned and oiled with a few paper towels draped over the top to prevent anything dropping on it like dust

I got mine free. Its a good thing because I would feel bad about keeping it seasoned and in the garage between uses. Its just really big, hard to store, so few options that are practical. I dont like storing in the 700 because the grease lip on the griddle protrudes just enough to prevent a solid close of the door. So it lives on a shelf in the garage, seasoned and oiled with a few paper towels draped over the top to prevent anything dropping on it like dust
My griddle is actually a Blackstone so it's on it's own stand. Between my 340, 700 and Blackstone one of them gets used just about everyday. I don't mind storing them since it's the man cave and they go well with my pizza oven and 9gal propane deep fryer.

Attachments

• IMG_0750.jpeg
    IMG_0750.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1154.jpeg
    IMG_1154.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 108
I must admit I don't use mine a lot but it makes great onion soup potatoes and I finished smoked burgers on it the other day. (I don't have grill grates yet).

Store between the garage snd the grill so far.

My griddle is actually a Blackstone so it's on it's own stand. Between my 340, 700 and Blackstone one of them gets used just about everyday. I don't mind storing them since it's the man cave and they go well with my pizza oven and 9gal propane deep fryer.
Great selection there.

I store mine in the original box in my basement. I also store my grill grates and my cast iron aura grates in the basement also.

I use them for different things. I have considered buying some stainless steel grates also but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I want to get a stainless steel (with cut out) heat diffuser first.

I think the garage or somewhere inside would be best. I definitely won't leave mine outside. I love my griddle but the one downside is you can't have different temps on the griddle like blackstone or other type of flat top. I did just buy a two burner camp chef yukon which I probably will buy the griddle attachment for that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back