Which smoker mat?

I got the ones from rec tec and they are fantastic....nothing sticks and the clean up is stupid easy!
Same here,I have two of RecTec's cheaper mesh ones..they work great and clean easily as Nu2smoke stated. I also have one from Rural King that also works and cleans great.
Screenshot_20190728-122016.png

I agree with Buckeye and NU2, I also have the RECTEC mats and they’re a cinch to clean with little to no sticking. I find if I spray the mats with cooking oil prior to use, I get less sticking than if they are used nekkid.

My butts keep sticking! :eek:

Hate it when that happens...……………………...makes it tougher to get up...………….

I've got the RT supplied ones because they came in the package and they work fine as the other guys have said. I also have some I got before that are slightly larger, more flexible, have a finer mesh, and have a border that I think might, over time, make them less prone to unraveling as the RT ones are a "raw" edge. I find either to be easy to clean, so it's a matter of how much real estate I need to deal with and which is at hand when it comes to choosing. I looked to see if I could find a link but apparently it's been too long and those aren't easily found on the market. They're similar to the "Frog Mats" that GmG sells.

I agree with Buckeye and NU2, I also have the RECTEC mats and they’re a cinch to clean with little to no sticking. I find if I spray the mats with cooking oil prior to use, I get less sticking than if they are used nekkid.
I never even thought of spraying them first .... I always go nekkid!!! Never had anything stik....hmmm

Oh and I forgot to mention....I dont know about the other brands as I have only tried the Rec Tec ones but the Rec Tecs do not get hot. I can have something on the smoker for 4 hours and go grab the mat with my hands and remove the mat meat and all and its not hot!

Not to take anything from rec tec but there are great baking matts in general i have some we have owned for years but admittedly i never use on the smoker, have never had a need too.

Not to take anything from rec tec but there are great baking matts in general i have some we have owned for years but admittedly i never use on the smoker, have never had a need too.
The mats are great when you are smoking things that might not sit right on the bare grate....like my pork shots or a meatloaf or candied bacon. Thats what I use them for.

Thanks! ordering the rectec variant tonight! Probably some butcher paper too, have yet to use it... Attempting my first brisket this week, now to figure out a rub... ahhh!

Interesting, figured a flat mat without the holes wouldn't work as well. Thanks for the input!
Truth be told I don't use it to smoke my briskets. I've been using it for my veggies. I'll have to give it a go on a brisket sometime and see how it performs.

I'll say on the smaller stuff like veggies and such, it works great.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back