Stampede WiFi connection

Colby giles

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
The first time I used my grill it connected perfectly and I was super impressed how easy it was. I went out to use it today and on the app it says “device offline”. Do you usually have to reconnect for each use? I tried to reconnect and it wouldn’t do so. My grill is in the same spot related to the WiFi point. I even try to set it up as a whole new device and it said connection error .
This is extremely unfortunate because I really need to be able to monitor this since I’m away from my house.
Any input would be very helpful

@Colby giles I don't leave my grill plugged in when not in use so the app always shows my grill disconnected.

Once it's plugged in, after a few seconds the grill is recognized by the app and I can again control it via the app. I do have issues from time to time of the grill becoming disconnected while doing a cook. Most of the time it will re-connect on it's own or worse case I close the app and re-open it and it's back again.

I'll admit, the wifi app has room for improvement.

I have the same problem. Once I get it to working it does great. I will leave it plugged up and go to use it the next day and it's offline. I have to go through the setup options all over again.

Just got my Stampede today. Had issues with WiFi connection. Under direction of Rec Tec I removed grill under hopper and peeled WiFi antenna off the circuit board so that it hung down and was loose . That was answer to getting good signal . Total of 6 screws and problem was fixed . Antenna says WiFi on it and it looks like a wire with a piece of black piece of tape attached to it .

@sctdg, Rec Tec told you to let the WiFi antenna dangle down? This has me thinking about buying a better antenna and seeing how that improves things.

That's kind of a touch and go hack. They directed me to do the same thing and it made no difference, but then I didn't have much of an issue connection wise as only one feature (remote turn on) doesn't function for me...…......likely a glitch in my phone program rather than the Stampede. Worked fine on my wife's phone.

@sctdg, Rec Tec told you to let the WiFi antenna dangle down? This has me thinking about buying a better antenna and seeing how that improves things.
Yes . Let it dangle down . It was taped to the circuit board and I can see that not being a good thing interference wise. Solid signal now,knock wood. Was easy to do ,used knife and got under tape to peel it off .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobondur
Back