Wind: 1 - RT-340: 0

That is GREAT customer service! Well done, Recteq.
Agreed! The recteq folks have always been very kind and generous to me and my wife. Glad to see that hasn’t changed for us. They sent an invoice for the lid, $90 with the amount then canceled by warranty service. I would not have been unhappy with recteq if they charged me $90, but am quite happy that they did not!

Agreed! The recteq folks have always been very kind and generous to me and my wife. Glad to see that hasn’t changed for us. They sent an invoice for the lid, $90 with the amount then canceled by warranty service. I would not have been unhappy with recteq if they charged me $90, but am quite happy that they did not!
Nice things happen for nice people!

Just heard from recteq-new lid is on the way to me, no charge!
While I'm happy for you, I'm curious why you (and apparently everyone else that was previously wondering if RT would "step up") even expected that the lid would be replaced for free? This was not a manufacturing flaw or anything else that a warranty would (or should) be expected to cover.

If the same wind gust blew a tree limb onto your vehicle causing damage, would you even think of taking it back to the dealership and asking to have the damage fixed "no charge"?

While I'm happy for you, I'm curious why you (and apparently everyone else that was previously wondering if RT would "step up") even expected that the lid would be replaced for free? This was not a manufacturing flaw or anything else that a warranty would (or should) be expected to cover.

If the same wind gust blew a tree limb onto your vehicle causing damage, would you even think of taking it back to the dealership and asking to have the damage fixed "no charge"?
I never said I expected that recteq should cover it. However, they have in the past as has been discussed in the forum previously when a recteq blew off a deck. Also, I never asked recteq to have the damage fixed at no charge. Below is the exact message I sent to recteq, along with the pictures. Please don’t assume that you know what I expected and what I requested from recteq.

”We had some high winds come through last night, with gusts to 58 MPH. That was too much for the RT-340 and it blew over on its face. The entire lid appears to be destroyed. The Bull medallion snapped off from the lid insert, and the lid itself is now horribly bent. The grill started up fine and I don’t see any other damage, so it looks like the lid parts are the only casualty. What’s the next step in getting it repaired.”

So, I just wanted to report that yesterday I received a new lid for my RT-340! It even came with horns attached, which was a surprise as I thought I would need to move my existing horns over to the new lid. Many thanks to recteq for great customer service, and thanks to @JimB who wanted to troll me and ask questions, and then not check back in to see my response. Your contributions to this forum are valued for sure!

68455642-997B-4FE4-B34F-17C0C7A6847D.jpeg

So, I just wanted to report that yesterday I received a new lid for my RT-340! It even came with horns attached, which was a surprise as I thought I would need to move my existing horns over to the new lid. Many thanks to recteq for great customer service, and thanks to @JimB who wanted to troll me and ask questions, and then not check back in to see my response. Your contributions to this forum are valued for sure!

View attachment 15060

I have to say it is pretty cool of them to have done this knowing it was outside of their control. Maybe they are stocking up as folks are blowing them off left & right? Just kidding 😁

Glad it all worked out.. this would have made my skin crawl if it happened to me thinking I would have to replace it myself.

Before I moved to TX, I lived in IA. Don't know if you guys remember that Derecho that went through IA back in 2020 with sustained winds of 60 - 70 mph for over an hour, but that one took a toll on my 200 lb Traeger. It did a face-plant on to my deck and smashed the lid and shelf. I didn't even try to fix it.

Before I moved to TX, I lived in IA. Don't know if you guys remember that Derecho that went through IA back in 2020 with sustained winds of 60 - 70 mph for over an hour, but that one took a toll on my 200 lb Traeger. It did a face-plant on to my deck and smashed the lid and shelf. I didn't even try to fix it.
Yes, I do! That was a crazy storm. If I remember correctly, some areas had sustained winds of around 90 mph 😞. Hopefully everything else of yours survived?

Yes, I do! That was a crazy storm. If I remember correctly, some areas had sustained winds of around 90 mph 😞. Hopefully everything else of yours survived?
I've never seen anything like it before. And yes, some areas had sustained winds up to 90 mph. I was actually driving to IA from TX after it happened and to see entire cornfields flattened and trees pulled by the roots was very eery looking. Growing up in the Mid-West, I have seen my share of tornados and the damage they can do, but the swath that this thing cut covered a large part of IA.

I haven’t replaced the lid yet, but I’m still grilling vegetables on it tonight while I roast a spatchcocked chicken on the Bullseye. What a badass grill!
91F12814-89EE-4F72-8A8D-17E7B1AE7965.jpeg
6D6A59FF-83BD-4363-A404-55023F32ADCF.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back