Bull 1100 inbound - must-have accessories?

Zippydog

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1070
Not my first smoking rodeo, but my first pellet smoker. I ordered a Flagship 1100 and it arrives in a few days. I ordered a cover and I bought pellets. What else should I have on hand to get rolling? I have gloves and tools including Thermo Works probe thermometers, but I’m thinking stuff like grease pail liners, foil for the pan (is that a thing?) anything for cleanup/ash and other not so obvious stuff. Pro tips?

Drip bucket liners (or a jar) is a good idea. Foiling the drip pan is a whole discussion on its own. I don’t foil but many, if not most, do.

What you may want to consider is applying Lava Lock around the door. It will help keep your grill cleaner on the outside. Much easier to apply before you cook.

Costco membership for foil. Baby vac for ash. Wet wipes for quick clean up of shelf and horns.
Light source for winter smoking after 4pm.
All excellent suggestions, although I would substitute a surface disinfectant for the wipes. I use Purell Food Service Sanitizer on everything. Not the best for heavy grease jobs, but still use it as a follow-up to Simple Green.

Costco membership for foil. Baby vac for ash. Wet wipes for quick clean up of shelf and horns.
Light source for winter smoking after 4

Drip bucket liners (or a jar) is a good idea. Foiling the drip pan is a whole discussion on its own. I don’t foil but many, if not most, do.

What you may want to consider is applying Lava Lock around the door. It will help keep your grill cleaner on the outside. Much easier to apply before you cook.
Thanks! I think I added Lava Lock to my old Weber Smoky Mountain. Will def add that.

There are disinfectant wipes out there. We’re sitting on a mountain of them from the Covid years. Buy 10 @ .99 and get $1 refund each. Nothing made sense for a while …

Edit: I guess saying wet wipes bring many people’s thoughts to baby wipes or dude wipes or something along those lines.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back