A cold rainy day is a great day for some new Tastings - What shall we try next?

kennethk

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. RT-1070
Drink Collection.jpg

I’ll take two fingers of that Eagle Rare, neat! I had to go to visit my son-in-law in Hawaii to get me the last Eagle Rare I could find. You’d think I wouldn’t have that problem, given that they distill it less than an hour from me!

My wife had a wonderful experience with that Angels Envy 😂

A little Makers 46 is my go too…

I’ll take two fingers of that Eagle Rare, neat! I had to go to visit my son-in-law in Hawaii to get me the last Eagle Rare I could find. You’d think I wouldn’t have that problem, given that they distill it less than an hour from me!

I still have some Eagle left from my 50th Birthday "I'm 52 now" along with half a bottle left of some Blantons straight from the barrel at a modest 130.0 proof.......man o man is it smooth too.

I see some Woodford Reserve, but it's not Double Oaked......

It’s crazy Eagle Rare and Buffalo Trace used to be decently priced and always on the shelf.

Now they are in the glass cabinet and marked way up or just not avaible.

Anyone actually ever look at where your alcohol actually comes from? There are only a handful of distilleries that can output Costco/Sam's/etc type quantities. It's a little like cars - 12 models one factory, different labels. Some get a little more heads, some a little more tails, but - same to a great degree more than you would think.

I'll take Larceny in a rocks glass, just cover 2 ice cubes with it. You've got plenty of it. ;)

Decisions, decisions. Plenty of fine choices there.

Honestly one of these days I'd like to try my hand at home distilling. (Don't tell anyone okay?!?)

Gotta start with learning how to make beer.
Home brewing is fun and quite satisfying. I even grew some Cascade hops one season. Nothing like the smell of fresh hops.🤤

If anyone on the NoVa area needs any HB equipment, let me know. Priced to move. 😉

Anyone actually ever look at where your alcohol actually comes from? There are only a handful of distilleries that can output Costco/Sam's/etc type quantities. It's a little like cars - 12 models one factory, different labels. Some get a little more heads, some a little more tails, but - same to a great degree more than you would think.

I'll take Larceny in a rocks glass, just cover 2 ice cubes with it. You've got plenty of it. ;)
Larceny - Very good for a low cost

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back