Bull Another Traeger refugee

Jorhammer

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Traeger awful temp swings burned my ribs on 7/4. Got a new PID and the temps will not hold.

Wife found the Bull for me and ordered it.

Hope is as great as everyone makes it out to be,

@Jorhammer unfortunately I've been hearing a lot about the temp swings on the new Traegers. I guess that's all good news for RecTec though. ;)

Welcome and glad to have you here with us. Can't wait to see pictures of your new Bull and your cooks!

Thanks! My old traeger always had the temp swing but the last 2 times the swing went from a manageable 10-15 to a 30-50 each direction.

It was time for a new one and didnt want to get a Yoder because of the price and the other brands didnt look that appealing. Thought about the silverback but then i watched a youtube video of the bull holding temp for 1 hour. That sold me on it. Wife then just ordered it. Plus the new house needs a new smoker. Now is the damn wait for it to get here. I live in Oregon, hoping it might make it here this friday but i doubt it.

I usually just smoke brisket and ribs. Pork butt i prefer to cook it like in PR with the skin crispy and lots of garlic and oregano.

I will post pics when i get my first cook.

Welcome aboard. Your wife is a goddess, but no reason to only give up burnt offerings.

Another new member in Seattle just got his yesterday, six days in transit.

@Jorhammer Wow another great woman....My wife and kids bought me mine too. How did we get so lucky?!?

Congratulations....Welcome to the family and cant wait to see some pics of your food!

Hope you love it as much as we do... Congratulations!...that's a good wife right there!

In Oregon as well, mine took 2 weeks to get here

Worth the wait though, you'll love the Bull!

Thanks... i just checked my tracking number and about 20 minutes ago they scanned it in at the destination terminal. Wish they were open today for pickup and i can go get it im my truck. Thing is 4 miles from being put together.

RECTECS are so solid on temps its unreal my bfg is either on temp all the way through whatever i cook or within 5 degrees

Congrats on your new grill your going to love it

I'm sold after my first cook.

Attachments

• IMG_20190724_183911.jpg
    IMG_20190724_183911.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20190723_172355.jpg
    IMG_20190723_172355.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20190724_183825.jpg
    IMG_20190724_183825.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 83

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back