App tester

RattleR

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Any one ever contacted RT about getting into the beta test group or helping test app version changes? Looks like they fix one thing and break several others. Kind of like another company I know of but won’t call them out side from saying the name starts with an S.

In the past the app was fully developed by an outside developer and I expect that’s still the case. recteq likely would not be willing to put their customers in contact with the developer.

In the past the app was fully developed by an outside developer and I expect that’s still the case. recteq likely would not be willing to put their customers in contact with the developer.
Ah, I did not realize. Thanks, it went nuts yesterday and had to reset everything right as a Tri- tip was reaching done. I reverted to stick burner mode.

I will say aside from the normal server issues This was the first issue like this since getting the unit last March.

Ah, I did not realize. Thanks, it went nuts yesterday and had to reset everything right as a Tri- tip was reaching done. I reverted to stick burner mode.
The last time I had much of a direct connection with folks at recteq was 2-½ years ago. Back then, everything was outsourced from DirtyGurl mixers, rubs, grills, and tech (app) services. I expect the server services for the app were also hosted on AWS but that i have no knowledge of. I can say there was no servers of the capacity needed to service their customer base at RT HQ. The only thing that they did in-house back then was customer service, and even then they probably had more forklift drivers than support staff on the payroll at Evans, GA.

Things might have changed since then-new investors, new investments, new facility. However, as far as I know from back in they day they don’t directly manufacture anything. I want to be careful in how I state this, as I could be totally wrong today.

Yup. I would be surprised if this has changed.

Agree but I doubt they use AWS unless they chose not to have scalable servers. One of the AWS selling points. Any who, I would like to help them, cause we all know they need it. 🧐

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WiFiGuru
Back