App update is now available

Go up to post #6 on this thread download is in that post.

I saw that but zoned out over "unzip the attached file and sideload the apk on your phone". :cautious:

But I just downloaded it and my phone pretty much took it from there.(y)

I just updated mine to V1.6.0. Now, I will have to smoke something now and see how it now functions.

I just updated mine to V1.6.0. Now, I will have to smoke something now and see how it now functions.
I totally agree with you about smoking something. I got the android update 1.6.0 over the past weekend but haven't used the new app yet, hopefully the Bulls new modifications parts I ordered will arrive soon and my waking up at 2:30 in the morning thinking I can also modify this on the Bull and either going out to the barn to see if I can find something to make that happen or figuring out where to get them. After that I can get back to smoking. Due to this COVID-19 BS I have way too much time on my hands.

It works for me. Went from zero alarms and notifications to the app blowing up my phone with notifications.

Your grill is on
Your grill is heating to 400
Your grill has reached 400
Your grill is more than 10 degrees over set point(it was at 411)
Your grill is more than 10 degrees over set point(I opened the lid)

Geez would it shut up already.:LOL:

It works for me. Went from zero alarms and notifications to the app blowing up my phone with notifications.

Your grill is on
Your grill is heating to 400
Your grill has reached 400
Your grill is more than 10 degrees over set point(it was at 411)
Your grill is more than 10 degrees over set point(I opened the lid)

Geez would it shut up already.:LOL:
That's fantastic, I like to know where my Bull is at any given moment! :D

Back on subject I wish they would incorporate a cook timer into the app.

Absolutely. RecTec was one of the pioneers with their wifi control, but they have now fallen behind. Not fixing the alerts for nearly a year has really damaged their customer service reputation in my eyes.

I would guess that those timers would have to be stored on the controller itself, and their current controller probably isn't capable of that.

But I will say being able to start the grill remotely is something that I don't know if anybody else is doing, and I use that quite often.

But I will say being able to start the grill remotely is something that I don't know if anybody else is doing, and I use that quite often.
I use the remote starting feature often as well. I think it's very handy to preheat the grill to have it ready when I get home from work. As far as the wifi capabilities go I consider it to be a great convenience for sure but not a necessity. The grills quality of build, warranty, reputation, etc is more important to me personally.

I use the remote starting feature often as well. I think it's very handy to preheat the grill to have it ready when I get home from work. As far as the wifi capabilities go I consider it to be a great convenience for sure but not a necessity. The grills quality of build, warranty, reputation, etc is more important to me personally.

WiFi was not a necessity when I bought mine, but I consider it one now. It keeps me from being confined to the house on long cooks. And that means I can cook more often.

Absolutely. RecTec was one of the pioneers with their wifi control, but they have now fallen behind. Not fixing the alerts for nearly a year has really damaged their customer service reputation in my eyes.

I would guess that those timers would have to be stored on the controller itself, and their current controller probably isn't capable of that.

As much as I don't want to agree I do agree with you on Rec Tec falling behind on the technology out there now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back