Best way to cook burgers w/o a sear kit

Cold from the fridge? Pub Burgers? Asking because of thickness. I don't cook anything that high, I think they'll still be close to rare in the middle at 5 min, you don't have anything efficiently transferring heat to the meat. You posted an hour ago - the grates could have been done seasoning by the time you read this. ;)

*non-Chicagoland people - pub burgers are .5lbs and go on sale often at the big chain store, so pretty thick, regular bun size circumference.

Pub Sliders, so 4oz but tall rather than wide. I guess I don't want to season the kit because I don't know how. I can look that up next. I was guessing at 500 degrees and the time.

There should be enough fat in any burger to season the grates with that cook. Unless you used some 95% lean junk

Once the burgers are done scrape the pieces off, but rub that oil in the grates. You'll have enough grease to keep anything from sticking. Just make sure you wash those grates before cooking the first time.

There should be enough fat in any burger to season the grates with that cook. Unless you used some 95% lean junk

Once the burgers are done scrape the pieces off, but rub that oil in the grates. You'll have enough grease to keep anything from sticking. Just make sure you wash those grates before cooking the first time.
Nope, I don't. I get them from my butcher so I don't then that is what they use.

Smash burgers on the Blackstone are my favs !!
He can't smash 'em because he didn't season his sear grates.
And @Caps_Shield - there's no magic to the seasoning. A can of Pam or a pack of bacon will do the job. You can get complicated if you want - no difference. It either sticks or it doesn't.

Do you have a seasoned cast iron frying pan or griddle? If so, fire up the grill at 400F or so, put the pan/griddle in and let it heat for 10-15 minutes. Toss in the burgers and flip when the juice starts coming out clear. Sometimes, “old school” saves the day! ;)

500º, 6 minutes/side, rotating 90º every 3.

IMG_3512.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back