Blackstone or comparable griddle owners here?

I have just ventured into the griddle world, did my first "successful" cook yesterday consisting of home fries and NY strips.......did not disappoint. Thinking today is gonna be smashburger time, need to head to Ace Hardware to get my SMASHER! Anyone else venture into this realm of cooking, what do you have, tips and tricks, and of course.......RECIPES!!!! I have the latest model Blackstone Omnivore 36", used their seasoning concoction "highly recommend", and damn if ole Blackstone doesn't have all kinds of accessories and goodies for these griddles. I am not a fan overall of Youtube, but the number of vids concerning griddle cooking is amazing. I have been threatening to get one for the last few years, and now I can see what all the hoopla is about........pretty sure I am done with any gas grill going forward.
After looking at various Blackstone griddles and trying to justify buying yet another outdoor cooking machine, I discovered that Weber offered a drop-in griddle insert for their Spirit E-310 gas grill (which I already own). I decided to break down and buy one. It fits perfectly in the grill after removing the original cooking grate. I'm like a kid with a new toy, wanting to try new & different things. So far, I've cooked the usual breakfast fare, including French toast which the wife liked. I have yet to do smashburgers, but have done frozen beef patties from Costco. Smashburgers are in the near future after I apply for a loan to buy some ground beef. My Bullseye, Weber Q-grill, and Weber charcoal grill are idly standing by for their turn to be chosen as the grill of choice for a given entree. I thought the Blackstone domed covers were a bit overpriced, so I bought a Square cake pan at Wal-mart for $1.98 which I plan to install a wooden handle on for cheeseburgers and/or over-easy eggs and anything that might need a little steaming. The possibilities are endless.

After looking at various Blackstone griddles and trying to justify buying yet another outdoor cooking machine, I discovered that Weber offered a drop-in griddle insert for their Spirit E-310 gas grill (which I already own). I decided to break down and buy one. It fits perfectly in the grill after removing the original cooking grate. I'm like a kid with a new toy, wanting to try new & different things. So far, I've cooked the usual breakfast fare, including French toast which the wife liked. I have yet to do smashburgers, but have done frozen beef patties from Costco. Smashburgers are in the near future after I apply for a loan to buy some ground beef. My Bullseye, Weber Q-grill, and Weber charcoal grill are idly standing by for their turn to be chosen as the grill of choice for a given entree. I thought the Blackstone domed covers were a bit overpriced, so I bought a Square cake pan at Wal-mart for $1.98 which I plan to install a wooden handle on for cheeseburgers and/or over-easy eggs and anything that might need a little steaming. The possibilities are endless.
Here’s a photo of my homemade steamer lid/cover. $1.98 for a 7” X 7” cake pan from Walmart and L brackets from the local hardware store. Plus, 2 beers (I wasn’t in any hurry to finish it).

Here’s a photo of my homemade steamer lid/cover. $1.98 for a 7” X 7” cake pan from Walmart and L brackets from the local hardware store. Plus, 2 beers (I wasn’t in any hurry to finish it).

IMG_1945.jpeg

I have the Grilla Grills Primate and it came with the full-sized griddle (take out the regular grates). Sounds similar to your setup. We do enjoy ours.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back