Boneless Leg of Lamb

Thanks for this. Looks fantastic. four hours at 235. Internal?
@Crusty Rusty internal temperature is more of a personal preference. Because we like things medium rare I tend to take things off the smoker at about 110-115F. There's always some carryover cooking that takes place once it's off the grill. I take it off at that lower temperature because I want to stick it in my oven at 500 degrees for about 15 minutes to really crisp up the skin. Don't walk away. You need to watch it. You could use the bullseye for this too if you wanted. But there would be lots of flare ups I would think. It always gets to about 130 to 135 which is a nice medium rare in the center.
Don't forget to remove the silver skin and any of the hard fat that will not render on the inside of this piece of meat before you roll it up.

Good luck. Post pictures!
That looks fantastic. Beth please post more of your recipes,
That looks fantastic. Beth please post more of your recipes,
@MikeyB I will try to post some more recipes. Please let me know if there's anything in particular you ever want. I'm always happy to share!

My tri-tip is the easiest recipe in the world and delicious. I may have already posted it .

@Crusty Rusty internal temperature is more of a personal preference. Because we like things medium rare I tend to take things off the smoker at about 110-115F. There's always some carryover cooking that takes place once it's off the grill. I take it off at that lower temperature because I want to stick it in my oven at 500 degrees for about 15 minutes to really crisp up the skin. Don't walk away. You need to watch it. You could use the bullseye for this too if you wanted. But there would be lots of flare ups I would think. It always gets to about 130 to 135 which is a nice medium rare in the center.
Don't forget to remove the silver skin and any of the hard fat that will not render on the inside of this piece of meat before you roll it up.

Good luck. Post pictures!

@MikeyB I will try to post some more recipes. Please let me know if there's anything in particular you ever want. I'm always happy to share!

My tri-tip is the easiest recipe in the world and delicious. I may have already posted it .
Thanks so much!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back