Broken welds on Grate one month old RT-700

FreakDawg76

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Title says it all, noticed a broken weld on a grate as I prepped this cook.. should I call recteq or say eff it?

I called .. Jordan was on the ball!

IMG_2581.png

Honestly I didn’t think there would be an issue.. I am still kinda butt hurt that I paid 1299 for a 700 2.5 weeks before they announced the 1100 though 😂😂

Yeah, I was going to say call. I had the same thing happen and I have a brand new pair of grates I have not used yet.

I had the same problem several years ago. They replaced the grates (2) and didn’t even want me to return the old set. Gotta love RT!!!

You can actually use one section as an additional rack/grate if you add a couple of brackets in the edges. You can use steel plates [e.g., (6”(h) x 4”(w) (4 pieces)] and make cutouts in the upper and lower sections using a grinder of similar tool and it would allow you to add proteins to your cooks (e.g., 4 more racks of ribs, 2 more butts or another brisket, etc.). It also allows you to elevate your foods into a smokier area of the chamber. YMMV. The best part about this method is that it stores inside the smoker and it can be let in place if needed between cooks. One caution though, the light can be a pain in the butt to work around on the older models.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back