Bullseye 380x how to convince the wife

At that price, I wouldn’t waste any time picking it up! That is a very good find. And, it will give you an easy hot-and-fast cook option.
Yeah I wonder if it ends up replacing the 1250. I looked at it as something I can get a griddle option with and maybe a pizza making grill as well. Anyone use the recteq pizza kit for it?

Yeah I wonder if it ends up replacing the 1250. I looked at it as something I can get a griddle option with and maybe a pizza making grill as well. Anyone use the recteq pizza kit for it?
There are low-and-slow pellet grills (i.e. the 1250) and hot-and-fast (i.e. the 380X). They will each do a good job in their specific category and, IMO, neither will do a very good job in the other category. If you are serious about grilling and smoking, you will have a way to do both.

My grandfather, a former ship's captain, always said "use the proper tool for a proper result." You can drive nails with the backside of a pipe wrench, but a carpenter's hammer will do a much better job with a whole lot fewer problems. :unsure:

There are low-and-slow pellet grills (i.e. the 1250) and hot-and-fast (i.e. the 380X). They will each do a good job in their specific category and, IMO, neither will do a very good job in the other category. If you are serious about grilling and smoking, you will have a way to do both.

My grandfather, a former ship's captain, always said "use the proper tool for a proper result." You can drive nails with the backside of a pipe wrench, but a carpenter's hammer will do a much better job with a whole lot fewer problems. :unsure:
True although do people have success smoking with the 380x? The other question I had on it is does it lose temp as quick as the 1250/700 does when you open the lid?

Posted by others before, but sounds appropriate here, too.
Enjoy the 380x. You got a great deal!

IMG_6410.jpeg

True although do people have success smoking with the 380x? The other question I had on it is does it lose temp as quick as the 1250/700 does when you open the lid?
I have been able to run it on low which is around 200 degrees. It seems to take longer than our 700 to stabilize but it does work out. A planned cook for Friendsgiving will be a large bone in rib roast on the 700 for 8 or 9 hours. The 380X will start low for a couple hours holding potatoes and veggies. Then it will get cranked up to 400 to crisp them up. Having both grills lets us take care of everything. I find the 380X at low puts out a good amount of smoke. It just takes some patience to get the low temperature to lock in. Heat loss is not too bad if you do a quick lid opening.

Ok, I have to chime in. The "party line" is that a 380X is a worthy ACCESSORY to your 1250 to broaden your options and capabilities in preparing many wonderful family meals and memories. (Yeah, you may need a new iPhone as well to capture and share said memories).

Kind of like me mysteriously acquiring guns. I'm not an avid shooter/collector, but I pitched the vintage Colt Detective 38 Special as a "Charlies Angels gun when I thought about you." (Yes, I'm going to hell).

Last edited:
The OP posed the question of can you smoke with it. If the 380x is anything like the 380, then I offer this done at 225 low and slow by my SIL, he does a lot of steaks, wings burgers etc. as well. A shoulder falling apart and some BB’s

20230903_143224.jpeg

20231021_191131.jpeg

Yeah like ask forgiveness better than permission. After many discussions with the wife I just seized an opportunity when she went on a vacation....i ordered my BFG she returned home shortly before it got delivered. I was at work and told here she would be getting a delivery...slightly bigger than her 15 Amazon deliveries she's used to, but keep an eye out 😆.
It's still a topic of conversation from time to time but a year later she's mostly over it. 🤣

I have a 1250 along with a 380 Bullseye (not 380x) and they are a perfect combination for me. Just buy it and deal with the wife later.

I have a 1250 along with a 380 Bullseye (not 380x) and they are a perfect combination for me. Just buy it and deal with the wife later.
We are good it’s outside I covered them up cause of the rain tomorrow in NY and she hasn’t see it yet. Going to turn that spot where they are now into a fire pit area and move the girls to the side so I am hoping that gets me out of trouble.

IMG_2127.jpeg

We are good it’s outside I covered them up cause of the rain tomorrow in NY and she hasn’t see it yet. Going to turn that spot where they are now into a fire pit area and move the girls to the side so I am hoping that gets me out of trouble.

View attachment 20447
You are a Breve man 🤣🤣. Once the reveal happens and the dust settles I think you made a good choice.👍

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back