Bull Center cut

Gotbbq

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Just brined two center cut pork chops. Put them in the Bull at 180 for an hour. Give the chops a little smoke. Then crank it up to 500+ And put on the sear plates. Used Nom Nom magic dust and some Chile flakes. I’ll post pics when done.

Just brined two center cut pork chops. Put them in the Bull at 180 for an hour. Give the chops a little smoke. Then crank it up to 500+ And put on the sear plates. Used Nom Nom magic dust and some Chile flakes. I’ll post pics when done.
Took them off a bit before 140. Sear grate worked well. Very moist and tender. Made apple sauce from Cosmic Crisp apples. Anyone ever try them? Amazing Apple.

Attachments

• A5120972-A89D-46A1-B2DD-1B2AE80BCE5E.jpeg
    A5120972-A89D-46A1-B2DD-1B2AE80BCE5E.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 4B017917-D265-48D6-A7E5-CE20CFCAA8A9.jpeg
    4B017917-D265-48D6-A7E5-CE20CFCAA8A9.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 89
Man, I love me some brined grilled pork chops!! Gotta brine pork chops to get the best from them. Those look outstanding G. Awesome job.
You gotta try that magic dust. You make it yourself. Recipe on Nom Nom Paleo. Made with dried porcini mushroom, red pepper flakes and salt. Great on pork and goes will with smoke.

Yeah, gotta try that. If you want to try something different with a brine that goes grate with porkchops, I got one for you. I make a typical brine with water, salt, brown sugar, peppercorns and bay leaf. Heat, and once everything is dissolved take it off the heat and add a can of ginger beer (ginger beer is non-alcohol). Brine about 4-6 hours. I brush on some EVOO and then my favorite all purpose BBQ rub and grill high heat on grill grates. Might be best ever.

Yeah, gotta try that. If you want to try something different with a brine that goes grate with porkchops, I got one for you. I make a typical brine with water, salt, brown sugar, peppercorns and bay leaf. Heat, and once everything is dissolved take it off the heat and add a can of ginger beer (ginger beer is non-alcohol). Brine about 4-6 hours. I brush on some EVOO and then my favorite all purpose BBQ rub and grill high heat on grill grates. Might be best ever.
I just copied your recipe. Maybe try it on Sunday. Went to supermarket today, packed with panicked shoppers. Unpleasant experience. I may have pork chops in the freezer. Ginger beer, no, but I’ll try the local market. Thanks

Looks like a great dinner....
GotBBQ,
So what is the recipe, amount of ingredients?
Best Greg

Gotbbq,
Thanks for sharing, I will give it a try.
Best Greg

Took them off a bit before 140. Sear grate worked well. Very moist and tender. Made apple sauce from Cosmic Crisp apples. Anyone ever try them? Amazing Apple.
Cosmic Crisp are very good. Also have a unfiltered CC apple juice out.
Good looking chops Greg. Nicely done!

Cosmic Crisp are very good. Also have a unfiltered CC apple juice out.
Good looking chops Greg. Nicely done!
Thanks. I’m on the lookout for the juice. Here in upstate NY they are 3 times the price of regular apples.

You just answered another question I was asking myself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rmiz64
Back