Center cut & Hassleback

Blues1

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Not having my Bull for very long, I'm trying, for me different things. Hassleback potatoes look so good from everyone else, thought I'd give it a try.

Sirloin & Hassleback.JPG

I will be doing this again! A really tasty, satisfying meal. Potatoes were awesome, but will need to put on a little earlier next time.

Sirloin $ Hassleback.JPG

Looks like they came out good - looks delicious. I've never done Hassleback, but always wash the unpeeled potatoes, dry them, rub in olive oil, season with garlic powder, salt, and black pepper and place directly on the rack of a 425 degree convection oven - the skin gets crispy and inside is cooked. I am thinking this would also work on the RecTec as it's a woodfired convection oven really. Cutting them into slices before cooking would only accelerate the effect. Yum.

Potatoes did take longer than I expected. I had them on while the steaks were cooking. Pulled the steaks, turned heat to full and still left them on. Put steaks back on to sear. Actually fudged and finished the potatoes in the microwave for 3 minutes. Just missed the timing of finishing at the same time. They cooked but I'll leave them in on high heat a little longer next time. I was still pretty happy. Doesn't cost much when you screw up a potato :)

Potatoes did take longer than I expected. I had them on while the steaks were cooking. Pulled the steaks, turned heat to full and still left them on. Put steaks back on to sear. Actually fudged and finished the potatoes in the microwave for 3 minutes. Just missed the timing of finishing at the same time. They cooked but I'll leave them in on high heat a little longer next time. I was still pretty happy. Doesn't cost much when you screw up a potato :)
It’s all about the fun and practice til you get it how you like it. I’ve done a bunch of pastrami’s. Lately. First few too salty, then needed more time. Now, under control. I keep a log book of all my cooks so I can go back and look at what was great and what needed something different. It’s cool to look back and see what you cooked in the past and who shared it with you.

A log is a great idea. I find myself looking up "how to's" even after having already cooked it. I think I'll remember how, but actually I don't

It really is about the fun

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WiFiGuru
Back