Stampede Cold weather cover

99xracer

Looking to see what other 590'ers are using for a cold weather cover since rec-tec doesn't make one for that model?

Thanks

Ryan

I have a 680 and bought the Rec-Tec cold weather cover. I wonder why they don't make one for the 590.

My original plan was to use a welder blanket - I've read about people using those with pretty good success. You can pick a cheap one up at harbor freight and see if it works.

Looking to see what other 590'ers are using for a cold weather cover since rec-tec doesn't make one for that model?
I will echo the suggestion by @wildblue. You can get a welders blanket for cheap compared to one that is "made for a grill" and it works just fine.

I've used one twice just this year already.

Bought a 4' x 6' welder blanket at Harbor Freight. Made the cut outs for the smoke vents and handles. I secure it in place with strong magnets I have laying around. Not pretty but I think it will be functional when cold weather arrives cuz I gotta cook year around.

IMG_8160.jpeg

IMG_8161.jpeg

Bought a 4' x 6' welder blanket at Harbor Freight. Made the cut outs for the smoke vents and handles. I secure it in place with strong magnets I have laying around. Not pretty but I think it will be functional when cold weather arrives cuz I gotta cook year around.

View attachment 874

View attachment 875

like your front shelf!

I just noticed that you also have modded your wifi antenna... adding a larger one to the exterior of the hopper box...

Could you please share how you did that? Story behind it? Were you having issues with the connection?

I know this is old but I'll second. The antenna made a huge difference.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back