Coming soon?

My guess is their version of a Ranger, like Traeger has.

Anything that gets 900 degrees will have to be small in size and sealed up to keep every degree inside.

Interesting. Curious what anyone would cook at 1k degrees? I had a BGE that would approach 1k at max temp, never let it get that hot. I later bought a Bullseye, ran it at riot mode so often at 750+ that I burned it out. I got a replacement Bullseye and have never ran it in riot mode since. Other than possibly a pizza oven, what else would benefit from temps over 500-600?

Pizza oven? Whatever it is, well sealed, insulated and a big hopper for burning through pellets.

I sear at 1100F on my gasser all the time. Also, as GJ said a pizza oven (at least mine) is at ~900F to assist in quick recovery of temps when it is opened. For some pizzas, I can cook the pie in under 4 minutes.

Last edited:
If it is a pizza oven, I've got to ask has there really been that big of a ask / demand for a pizza oven?

Maybe a retrofit controller that would connect to wifi reliably? That would be ”something special.” :rolleyes:

My home is entertainment central when the soccer and tennis teams visit. You’ve haven’t lived until 25 kids start making pizzas on a Friday night once a month. Don’t let me get started about the Frat stopping by for a visit.lol. We use the pizza oven, gasser. Bull and a second gasser.

8DB31127-E217-4BDC-BC46-BE4C71AE6AC3.jpeg

Interesting. Curious what anyone would cook at 1k degrees? I had a BGE that would approach 1k at max temp, never let it get that hot. I later bought a Bullseye, ran it at riot mode so often at 750+ that I burned it out. I got a replacement Bullseye and have never ran it in riot mode since. Other than possibly a pizza oven, what else would benefit from temps over 500-600?
Fortunately, my Lynx Pro is designed for the higher temps. I have it configured with Trident Burners but also change them out for the brass cast burners that keep the temps more manageable. The only warning that comes with the Lynx is that you should never run it at high temps with the lid closed. I have had other grills but nothing seems to live up to my expectations like the Lynx. It is 12 years old and I live on the California Coast and it is only starting to show signs of oxidation. It also has a lifetime parts replacement warranty. If I hit the lottery and get a redo, I would buy it all over again or buy a Heston which is the true Cadillac of grills IMO.

I'm going with the D300, otherwise called the destruction model. It will be for folks who want to cook a last minute brisket in one hour. Just crank up to 1000 degrees and impatient guests will be served. No need for notifications on that one.
Maybe cremate the in-laws

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back