Competition Blend for everything?

You can go to the cookingpellets.com site and search for a dealer. You might get lucky and find one close to you. I was lucky and found one in NJ. Half the price of buying them on line and shipped regardless if it is shipped by cookingpellets themselves or Amazon.
Hi Where in NJ??
Thanks Dan

I mostly use Sam’s Club pellets because they are cheap and put the wood logs in the flavor I want in my Heavy D. I’m a big fan of Pecan logs and Hickory logs if I really want to taste the smoke.

Anybody ever used Bear Mountain Blend. I saw them at a local store and they seemed reasonable in price.

I burned through 40# of Lumber Jack Competition Blend since I got my 700 a week and half ago. I’m going to need to get more pellets soon and was wondering if most of you stick to one style pellet or switch it up based on what you have in the smoker. When I smoked on the MES I always had apple, cherry, hickory and mesquite on hand. For ease and simplicity do you use a blend for everything or scoop out the bin and use a specific variety based on what’s in the smoker. I guess if you’re switching it makes sense to only partially fill the bin and then add more as needed while cooking.
I use the 'perfect blend' pellets that I buy on Amazon. If you have prime and I do you can order the 40# bag and have it sent to your door without shipping cost! Caution: ordering more than one bag at the same time will cost you $70 shipping! So I order one bag then start a new order for the next one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back