Cooking Prime Rib today!

KahunaRed

Got a ten pound four bone, bone in Prime Rib prime beef from the butcher and it’s going on my Bull in a few minutes. It was tied and It was salted and is getting cracked pepper and herbs de provence (French version not US adulteration) right now.

Sides will be homemade creamed corn and homemade creamed spinach.

I’m in heaven!!

These are the herbs de provence I buy. Wonderful for meats/roasts, flavoring butter (both melted butter and making compound butter), herbed bread, roasted or sautéed veggies, etc. it is ground thyme, rosemary, basil, savory and marjoram - the classic French combination. The US versions contains other herbs and doesn’t taste as good.

https://amzn.to/3c4PWS5

3CE4E688-AFCD-4E48-9310-41B955CAF1D0.jpeg

Attachments

• 23742858-8A00-4CCC-A383-49B369590D74.jpeg
    23742858-8A00-4CCC-A383-49B369590D74.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
This is before and after. Competition blend plus cherry pellets. As always the Bull performed magnificently. Perfect smoke as always. Controlled from the app. We love it!! The nice thing is we can trust it on this terribly expensive piece of meat to come out perfect.

This is before and after. Competition blend plus cherry pellets. As always the Bull performed magnificently. Perfect smoke as always. Controlled from the app. We love it!! The nice thing is we can trust it on this terribly expensive piece of meat to come out perfect.

Nothing says "commitment" quite like a couple hundred dollar chunk of meat. (y) :LOL:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewDualfire1200
Back