Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Stampede
  3. Patio Legend 410
  4. RT-300
The wife brought home a 3# English roast, I never cooked one.So,
I trimmed all fat and silver skin away.

Worsteshire binder light. spices ( I used Heffer dust). 225 degrees until 156 internal. Then, into a small foil pan covered in foil.

Cooked until 205 degrees internal, then grill temp down to 200 for a couple more hours. About a 6 -7 hour cook.

Wow- highly recommend, so incredibly flavorful and tender. Now my beef mainstay. Better than the over praised briskets !

I cooked on a patio legend, Troeger cherry pellets.

The wife brought home a 3# English roast, I never cooked one.So,
I trimmed all fat and silver skin away.

Worsteshire binder light. spices ( I used Heffer dust). 225 degrees until 156 internal. Then, into a small foil pan covered in foil.

Cooked until 205 degrees internal, then grill temp down to 200 for a couple more hours. About a 6 -7 hour cook.

Wow- highly recommend, so incredibly flavorful and tender. Now my beef mainstay. Better than the over praised briskets !

I cooked on a patio legend, Troeger cherry pellets.
Never heard of the English roast, do you know where it is cut from on the cow?

Never heard of the English roast, do you know where it is cut from on the cow?
The “English Roast” is also known as the Arm Roast, Clod Heart Roast, Clod Roast, Cross Rib Roast, Shoulder Center Roast, Shoulder Clod Roast, Shoulder Pot Roast or Shoulder Roast. Don’t you just love butchers and their name games?

It is cut from the front shoulder.

I do arm roasts at 180 for 3 hours or so and then finish it in the Instant Pot. Super tender meat with a lot of flavor and I love it with garlic mashed potatoes. Had roast beef sandwiches last night.

The “English Roast” is also known as the Arm Roast, Clod Heart Roast, Clod Roast, Cross Rib Roast, Shoulder Center Roast, Shoulder Clod Roast, Shoulder Pot Roast or Shoulder Roast. Don’t you just love butchers and their name games?

It is cut from the front shoulder.
From here?

1687616465934.gif

I do arm roasts at 180 for 3 hours or so and then finish it in the Instant Pot. Super tender meat with a lot of flavor and I love it with garlic mashed potatoes. Had roast beef sandwiches last night.
Interesting cook schedule.

Pressure cooker ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WiFiGuru
Back