Stampede FINALLY ITS HERE and my thoughts

Your the 2nd person that has said that about them. Wondering is you could use RTV to hold them in place better??

Not sure how they sit wonky. Javent seen any inside the grill pics, just outside

I'll have to check it out.

Yeah I've used that stuff before on my other stick smokers. Not super easy to work with so its not just you...

Hahah yuppers...

Well hopefully the 2nd run will be right..

So ran a test on 225 temp and my Thermoworks was with in 6 degrees and then the big fan kicked on and man the temp dropped to 20 degrees under

Hahah yuppers...

Well hopefully the 2nd run will be right..

So ran a test on 225 temp and my Thermoworks was with in 6 degrees and then the big fan kicked on and man the temp dropped to 20 degrees under
At least on mine the larger combustion fan is on all the time

Now that's money in the bank, Hallelujah I've finally have a pellet smoker that does what its supposed to do..

After the initial burn I did yesterday and having off readings I thought I'd do another empty chamber burn and see if I got a different reading and I got what I was hoping for..

Reading center at grill level and I have another reading front right corner. Its reading higher then 400..
celebrate a.gif

I looked at the all weather vent thread. Was hoping to see a pic of the inside.

I'll have to invest in some to cut down on the wind draft..

Cool.. well I'll be doing a brisket in the morning so that'll give me a good idea how itll run.. cant wait.. hahah..

it'll be interesting to hear what your experience is, particularly in regard to temperature swings. I didn't monitor during my brisket cook with my ThermPro, but the the barrel thermometer was never more than about 5 deg off and that was only after I opened the lid for look.

5 degree isnt bad.

Yeah iam curious/nervous as well about the temp swings hahah...

I'll be starting at 2am EST so I'll keep the thread updated while your catching your beauty sleep.

currently living in Moscow, ID (I teach at Washington State Univ.) but I grew up on the Olympic peninsula of WA.

Haha, so if you have any chemistry questions.....
Btw, I saw on one of your posts that you are active Coast Guard - my dad served in the Coast Guard during WWII in the Aleutians and my oldest brother served during Vietnam (but only got as far as Japan fortunately)

Oh man chemistry!! That's so awesome.. I love chemistry but iam the worst person alive when it comes to math so didnt excel at it, but I loved it haha..

Wow WWII and Vietnam! Those were some really scary times to be in the CG. Definitely good thing for your brother. He would have been driving flat bottom boats in the Mekon Delta, the Rung Sat , Saigon River.. some nasty water ways..

Aleutians wasnt a pretty place either. 1943-44 I think?. So cool that you got to know your fathers service information.. if you didnt know you or your father or brother can request to have his full military report sent you from the archives.. Indid it for my grandfather. Was a Paratrooper in WWII and Korean war

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineGriller
Back