Bull First brisket…

Stinkring

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
52480C9A-56EF-4863-94C0-0D749C14B02B.jpeg

Hopefully I didn’t start too late for dinner. Rolling at 225°f….

9480E69B-B86F-4C9D-A213-0D1EAA9B7727.jpeg

We eat late (around 9-9:30 cst) every night. That gives me over 14 hours….Hopefully that’s enough time. The pork butt (8 Lb) last weekend took 12.5 hours so I am a little nervous. This thing is more like an oven than a grill to me. 😏
I use mine as a outside oven, correct you are.

Well how did it turn out?
It was fine, but took longer than I expected. By the time it hit temp I didn’t have time to do the burnt ends from the point. This was my first whole packer brisket and frankly I consider it a fail because I was really looking forward to those burnt ends. I hope I at least learned something…

It was fine, but took longer than I expected. By the time it hit temp I didn’t have time to do the burnt ends from the point. This was my first whole packer brisket and frankly I consider it a fail because I was really looking forward to those burnt ends. I hope I at least learned something…
Next time.

I like to look at cooking a Brisket in 3 steps.
(I am sure I am the first one to think of it this way)
1-smoke @ 200° 7-10hrs
2-cook @ 250° until 202°
3-rest for 2-8 hrs (let is sit out until IT is 190°-ish then rest.
I learned the heard way not to take it straight from the grill wrap it in a Butcher paper & towels and put it in the cooler.

Only the first two hours were at 225°....most of the cook was at 250°....Late afternoon I bumped it to 275°......It just never got to temp. I think it was 191° when I pulled it due to time constraints. I should have just smoked a flat given the time frame I had to work with. Live and learn....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back