First brisket need help!

Brett

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
Hi everybody I hope you’re having a Good Friday! So I need some help here, I am cooking my very first brisket and I’m cooking on my RECTEC trailblazer. I’m going to do an overnight cook tonight and I will be cooking at 225 for the entire time. My first question is how long will it take to reach that internal temperature of 165 if I’m cooking at 225? And my second question is, is 1 1/2 hours per pound a good estimate for a total cook time?

any recommendations and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I used this technique last week. Was very happy with the results.
82AE82CE-EB10-423B-AC9E-266454137403.jpeg

Yes 1.5 hrs per pound will get you in the ballpark. But every cut is it's own and will either take longer or shorter then the rest.

How many pounds is your brisket and what time are you shooting for to eat?

If I want to eat by 5pm I usually start my cook at 930 or 10pm the night before. This gives me plenty of time and if I end early I just faux chamber it and hold untill it's time. If iam running short I'll kick the temp up..

Good luck and let us know how it goes..

Yes 1.5 hrs per pound will get you in the ballpark. But every cut is it's own and will either take longer or shorter then the rest.

How many pounds is your brisket and what time are you shooting for to eat?

If I want to eat by 5pm I usually start my cook at 930 or 10pm the night before. This gives me plenty of time and if I end early I just faux chamber it and hold untill it's time. If iam running short I'll kick the temp up..

Good luck and let us know how it goes..

Well it turns out She bought a 10 1/2 pound brisket “flat“ is that going to change my times if it’s not a full packer? We were planning on eating about 3:00 or 4:00 on Saturday.

Nope. I would still would start the night before. And again if your done early you can always hold it over or eat sooner... no one is ever upset with eating a head of time..lol..

If you are worried your going to be early ou could always start on low super smoke (180) for a few hours and then bump to 225...

Nope. I would still would start the night before. And again if your done early you can always hold it over or eat sooner... no one is ever upset with eating a head of time..lol..

If you are worried your going to be early ou could always start on low super smoke (180) for a few hours and then bump to 225...

That sounds good, I am going to put it on about midnight and cook it at 180 overnight and check it at about 5 am and bump it up to 225 until it’s time to wrap. I don’t know why am so nervous I’ve cooked tri-tip and a dozen or so pork butts, I just keep hearing how easy it is to mess up a brisket so I think I’m overthinking things probably lol... I really appreciate the advice and fingers crossed everything will go OK.

That sounds good, I am going to put it on about midnight and cook it at 180 overnight and check it at about 5 am and bump it up to 225 until it’s time to wrap. I don’t know why am so nervous I’ve cooked tri-tip and a dozen or so pork butts, I just keep hearing how easy it is to mess up a brisket so I think I’m overthinking things probably lol... I really appreciate the advice and fingers crossed everything will go OK.

You'll be just fine my man... Trust your temps. If you can cook Tri you can cook a brisket...

Thanks for all the advice, the brisket turned out amazing!!

Attachments

• 31924513-E85F-4A8C-B15F-F56EECD5809E.jpeg
    31924513-E85F-4A8C-B15F-F56EECD5809E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
  • 354A5B3F-B0E0-433C-ABDB-CA7E2028E98A.jpeg
    354A5B3F-B0E0-433C-ABDB-CA7E2028E98A.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 67
You'll be just fine my man... Trust your temps. If you can cook Tri you can cook a brisket...
Thank you for the advice man! the brisket turned out amazing!

Attachments

• 9DDFCE48-5E3E-4EDC-9224-D063B17DFD5B.jpeg
    9DDFCE48-5E3E-4EDC-9224-D063B17DFD5B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 66
Heck ya brother!! Looks killer... Glad it worked out for you...

Attachments

• xT0BKyzsIglmWE8oDK.gif
    xT0BKyzsIglmWE8oDK.gif
    913.3 KB · Views: 59

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rmiz64
Back