Bull First low and slow...

Mitch01

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Sorry, no pics this time, but the 3 rack of ribs were picture perfect! I did a 3-2-1 with Rossarooski's Honey Rib Rub. Kept the Bull at 225* for the whole cook. My wrap included brown sugar, honey, squeeze butter & Tiger hot sauce. The last 45 mins on the grill I glazed them with some Stubbs I had leftover. I did this cook for my co-workers, and they really liked them. Oh, we all agreed that adding a drizzle on Tiger sauce over each rib sent it over the top. The other thing we agreed on was, they were just a bit shy on the smoke.

I haven't figured out how to do the super smoke setting on the 700 yet, but I might try that option first. Or I might use my smoke tube like I have on my previous pellet grill. Has anyone tried putting a handful of pellets on the heat deflector yet? On a scale of 1-10, I would say the smoke was a 3, and I prefer a 6. Any tips you guys have would be highly valued!

These were my first set of ribs on the Bull. Set the bull to the low setting which is "extreme Smoke" for the first hour then up to 250 for the next 2 hrs...check temp if at 160ish wrap for 90 min and check temp again...when at 195-198 pull...last hour for me is only if I sauce and not for the entire hour. Just long enough to set the sauce. Its all about temp not time!

Sorry, no pics this time, but the 3 rack of ribs were picture perfect! I did a 3-2-1 with Rossarooski's Honey Rib Rub. Kept the Bull at 225* for the whole cook. My wrap included brown sugar, honey, squeeze butter & Tiger hot sauce. The last 45 mins on the grill I glazed them with some Stubbs I had leftover. I did this cook for my co-workers, and they really liked them. Oh, we all agreed that adding a drizzle on Tiger sauce over each rib sent it over the top. The other thing we agreed on was, they were just a bit shy on the smoke.

I haven't figured out how to do the super smoke setting on the 700 yet, but I might try that option first. Or I might use my smoke tube like I have on my previous pellet grill. Has anyone tried putting a handful of pellets on the heat deflector yet? On a scale of 1-10, I would say the smoke was a 3, and I prefer a 6. Any tips you guys have would be highly valued!
Nice work!
The high smoke happens just by turning the smoker to the lowest setting, which some say equals about180°
It makes a difference,but I ended up getting a smoke tube. That way I can keep heavier smoke, but keep my cooking times about the same not having to leave the 225° range... These are great smokers just a different style than you may be used to. ( I was)

Before i start another thread, how do you like the smoke tube?

@ifican I love it...easy to use and I've experimented with mine by putting wood chips in like every other inch between pellets to get more of that flavor I'm used to from my older smoker... It definitely adds more smoke.
IMG_20190626_202222.jpg
IMG_20190626_202605.jpg

Yep, that's the same smoke tube I have. It definitely adds a lot more smoke to the meat, and you can also add different flavors of wood to get a combination smoke with what you have in the hopper.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back