Bull First smoker

dangerdan87

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Contemplated on getting a Grilla Silverbac....Then saw Rec Tec....then saw the bull and wondered if I wanted to spend the extra money....Then the 4th of July sale hit...and I gave in and bought the Bull with the July 4th sale.

I've never smoked anything before....while I have been around people smoking meats...babying a smoker and keeping an eye on temps and adding wood to get a constant temp...a pellet smoker was up my alley.
Got it mostly assembled the day before and did my burn in. A couple issues....they put the wrong push handle in with my Bull...it was too short. And the front swivel leg had bad screw holes for the horizontal brace...preventing me from attaching the brace and the bottom shelf. But I can still cook on it until I get my replacement parts, which Rec Tec got on that pretty quickly. One big reason I went with Rec Tec was hearing the awesome stories of their great Customer Service.

Cooked 3 racks of ribs this weekend. Not too bad. I did the 3-2-1 method which took about 6.5-7 hours. My meat temp stalled at 150 and 160 degrees and had to sit an extra 30-45 minutes to reach around 200.

Tried 3 different seasonings....Rec Tecs Casanova and honey rub, and Dillo Dust (Adkins Western Style rub). I used Rec Tecs BBQ sauce on the competition rub and Q's BBQ sauce on the Dillo Dust/Adkins. They all turned out pretty good. I like my ribs falling off the bone, but these had a little give, but weren't dry or tough at all.

I brined them 6 hours in apple cider/salt mic with some lime juice, black and white pepper, and some basil. Sprayed them about every 20-30 minutes during the last hour with apple juice. BBQ sauce was mopped on 30 minutes into the last hour and about 15 minutes before I took them off.
50/50 mix of apple and cherry wood.

I also made some elotes

U8NFD7U.jpg

uVNXsei.jpg

LRxvMmj.jpg

mymQIn2.jpg

i6E1gvI.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back