charlesrshell

Pellet Grill Rookie
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
In RT's freight acceptance policy & procedures it says "If there are any visible signs of damage to the packaging, please show the driver and further inspect the order to determine if there are any damages to the contents. Note all damages on the receipt before signing. At the time of delivery, it’s the customer’s right to refuse an order that has been damaged during shipping." So should you note any contents damage on the receipt and sign or refuse the order? What does RT do if you refuse the order because of damage?

In RT's freight acceptance policy & procedures it says "If there are any visible signs of damage to the packaging, please show the driver and further inspect the order to determine if there are any damages to the contents. Note all damages on the receipt before signing. At the time of delivery, it’s the customer’s right to refuse an order that has been damaged during shipping." So should you note any contents damage on the receipt and sign or refuse the order? What does RT do if you refuse the order because of damage?

I will let you know soon. Waited 3 weeks for delivery of a stampede. Arrived via freight this afternoon. Driver pulled the crate off the truck and I immediately notice one of the boxes had a large tear in it and 2 of the slats on the crate were broken. When I inquired, the driver said it was fine the box with the tear was just the pellets and he inspected it and the pellet bag was still intact. Accepted the delivery and began to assemble the grill only to find out that 2 of the holes where the legs insert are skewed off center. There is paint missing from one of the corners. It is clear that while the grill was laying flat in the box, it was either dropped or hot from the side. I suspect after it was crated since the crate had the 2 cracked slats. Have sent pictures to RT and waiting on their response. Very frustrating since I have been waiting 22 days for delivery and now can’t even get the legs on without having to bend the metal back into position to square up the holes.

I will let you know soon. Waited 3 weeks for delivery of a stampede. Arrived via freight this afternoon. Driver pulled the crate off the truck and I immediately notice one of the boxes had a large tear in it and 2 of the slats on the crate were broken. When I inquired, the driver said it was fine the box with the tear was just the pellets and he inspected it and the pellet bag was still intact. Accepted the delivery and began to assemble the grill only to find out that 2 of the holes where the legs insert are skewed off center. There is paint missing from one of the corners. It is clear that while the grill was laying flat in the box, it was either dropped or hot from the side. I suspect after it was crated since the crate had the 2 cracked slats. Have sent pictures to RT and waiting on their response. Very frustrating since I have been waiting 22 days for delivery and now can’t even get the legs on without having to bend the metal back into position to square up the holes.
WOW sorry, thanks for sharing your story @Gooms. Hope it all works out for you and you keep us posted.

UPDATE:
As expected RT customer service was exceptional and very accommodating. At first they asked if I wanted to repair the damage myself and they would compensate me. When I balked at that idea, they also gave me the option of sending me a new grill. I wasn't terribly excited about having to wait again for the new grill to show up and even less excited about taking the responsibility to pack up the old grill and ship it back to RT even though they would pay for the shipping. Then they called back and told me they got authorized to send me a competition cart for no charge. This should solve the problem and get me grilling as soon as possible since the shipping time on the cart is significantly less than a new grill. All in all, RT customer support lived up to their stellar reputation. Looking forward to putting the cart together, dropping in the 590, and get going on some grilling!

UPDATE:
As expected RT customer service was exceptional and very accommodating. At first they asked if I wanted to repair the damage myself and they would compensate me. When I balked at that idea, they also gave me the option of sending me a new grill. I wasn't terribly excited about having to wait again for the new grill to show up and even less excited about taking the responsibility to pack up the old grill and ship it back to RT even though they would pay for the shipping. Then they called back and told me they got authorized to send me a competition cart for no charge. This should solve the problem and get me grilling as soon as possible since the shipping time on the cart is significantly less than a new grill. All in all, RT customer support lived up to their stellar reputation. Looking forward to putting the cart together, dropping in the 590, and get going on some grilling!
Outstanding. Happy for you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rmiz64
Back