Bull Future buyer...have questions with hotspots etc

dkblackhawk

Apologies if in the wrong forum but I am looking to get the Rec Tec 700 Bull.

I currently have a LG 900 and when set to 225,my thermo probe says it is 271 in dead middle...and varying other sides are worse.

I am just wondering if the RT-700 has this issue as well? I can understand a 5-10 degree difference but 46 plus is pushing it a bit. If anyone has used a thermo to check temperature varieties that would be fantastic.

Thanks!

Apologies if in the wrong forum but I am looking to get the Rec Tec 700 Bull.

I currently have a LG 900 and when set to 225,my thermo probe says it is 271 in dead middle...and varying other sides are worse.

I am just wondering if the RT-700 has this issue as well? I can understand a 5-10 degree difference but 46 plus is pushing it a bit. If anyone has used a thermo to check temperature varieties that would be fantastic.

Thanks!
The Bull keeps pretty even temps. Many of us have put alt probes in the pit to compare
Temps. Usually dead on of off by a few degrees. They build a quality product. And , yes, your are on the right place ??

The Bull keeps pretty even temps. Many of us have put alt probes in the pit to compare
Temps. Usually dead on of off by a few degrees. They build a quality product. And , yes, your are on the right place ??
Thanks for the very fast reply!

That is good to hear! I'm just glad I got my LG at Costco so it is a much easier return to deal with. Are there any posts here comparing the temps?

Cheers!

I agree it's a great machine. You'll find the right side is a little hotter, but I believe from air flow to the right not heat distribution in general.
I noticed that myself from the first time I cooked cut up whole chickens to season my Bull. Couldn't tell you exactly how much hotter but my pieces finished faster on the right.

Mine is also hotter on the right side by the stack, makes sense give the airflow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back