Griddle Fajitas on the rt700

matjac33

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Quick and easy fajitas. Really liking the griddle on this guy.

PXL_20220803_005719782.jpg

PXL_20220803_010408054.jpg

PXL_20220803_014839976.jpg

PXL_20220803_020207539.jpg

They look marvelous. Before I bought a Blackstone, my RT700 and grill grates ruled. Congrats on a very successful cook. Don’t forget it‘s Hatch Chille season. That will take them to the next level if you smoke them or grill char them before slicing.

Like smokezilla, I use my blackstone. Sometime I smoke the fajitas on the 700 and then sear them on the ‘stone.

I had a 36" blackstone but ended up selling it. They are fantastic machines but living in the PNW I found that I didnt use it enough and it was constantly rusting.

Got the griddle because I wanted to do smash burgers…did not blow my skirt up. It’s back in the box in the garage. Then I got the Grill Grates and never looked back.

Got the griddle because I wanted to do smash burgers…did not blow my skirt up. It’s back in the box in the garage. Then I got the Grill Grates and never looked back.
I plan on getting those, this came with the summer promo so I figured I would give it a shot

Grill grates on the "flat" side is a game changer. Great for any kind of searing. My griddle sits in the garage. I just dont find the griddle gets hot enough to get a good sear and its so heavy to pull out and clean.

Grill grates on the "flat" side is a game changer. Great for any kind of searing. My griddle sits in the garage. I just dont find the griddle gets hot enough to get a good sear and its so heavy to pull out and clean.
Mozekian,

I have the perforated Bull Grill Grates and the professional series without the holes in it. On the Bull I’ve clocked 650 degrees and they are pretty good for general use. You identified a common complaint with some of the griddles, low temps. I have a Blackstone Tailgater that I use during beach camping trips where the winds can be a little harsh at times. Due to the low sides on the griddle, wind can also keep the cooking surface on the cool side (~400-500F) during cooks. I fabricated wind screens that help a lot but I also changed out the regulator from the stock 2.2psig (11” water column) to a 0-5psig (up to 55” water column) adjustable regulator and I can hit 850F in 6 minutes. With this configuration, I have done 40 smashburgers in a little over 20 minutes during a big camping trip with almost instantaneous temperature recovery during each round of burgers. It took the griddle from good to ”are you kidding me”. I also like the fact that I can change my flow rates on the fly so that my griddle temperature knobs can be dialed in for my specific needs. My friends saw my capabilities and converted theirs over also. Definitely a game changer. I also use it for searing and reverse searing of just about anything you can think of. It gives me the best full sear ever. The only thing I have that is better is my Lynx Pro 36” gasser with trident burners. They can hit 1100F and they are used in professional kitchens for steaks and other foods. But who wants to take a 450lb grill on a camping trip? lol.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back