How to level my Rec Tec RT-590

smokeshow69

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Just got my rt-590. Am placing on my cement patio and just realized there is a solid slant away from the drip pan. Wondering if anyone had a similar challenge and how to resolve. Appreciate it!!

is it a considerably amount? how much do you have to come up on the grill end, inches? or like 3/8s?

There isn't a self leveling feature on the legs, would be cool if they did. Sounds like if you wanna bring it your gonna have to shim it up. Any other place on the patio where it sits better?

Yeah, there are a few but harder to get electricity and away from my other grill which is annoying!

I use wood on mine. I can take a picture Wednesday when I cook a pork shoulder. 3/4" would be thickness of a 1 x4.
Yup, get a fencing board and cut it half. would fit perfect for the wheels also.

Just got my rt-590. Am placing on my cement patio and just realized there is a solid slant away from the drip pan. Wondering if anyone had a similar challenge and how to resolve. Appreciate it!!
I used a 1" x 4" board 6" long under the larger fixed wheels put the level on the bull and it was just fine. By the way, I seasoned my Bull with a bunch of chicken for my first cook and noticed some of the grease accumulates on the lid and drips down onto whatever surface your grill is on. You may want to use something underneath it, if that's a concern.

I used a 1" x 4" board 6" long under the larger fixed wheels put the level on the bull and it was just fine. By the way, I seasoned my Bull with a bunch of chicken for my first cook and noticed some of the grease accumulates on the lid and drips down onto whatever surface your grill is on. You may want to use something underneath it, if that's a concern.
There are a bunch of good grill pads on Amazon and in the local box stores. Keeps the deck clean and free from stains ??

The cut angle is on the Left side of the Drip Tray , Goes to the Left side of the Grill..and make sure everything is aligned Right . Once it is in it is Kinda held in place by it's placement..!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back