Bull I hope I’m not stripped of my RT-700 for this but

NinoRT700

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
For the most part we all use tin foil to cover our drip try but today I was in Home Depot and spotted these Traeger aluminum tray covers for their grills and just so happen that one of their grill pans same dimensions as the bull. So picked them up and currently have a traeger branded pan catching my grease lol

Attachments

• 0EDC0611-49AB-45E6-9A1A-7F113A1A3040.jpeg
    0EDC0611-49AB-45E6-9A1A-7F113A1A3040.jpeg
    323.9 KB · Views: 272
For the most part we all use tin foil to cover our drip try but today I was in Home Depot and spotted these Traeger aluminum tray covers for their grills and just so happen that one of their grill pans same dimensions as the bull. So picked them up and currently have a traeger branded pan catching my grease lol
I did the same thing. I'm not proud of it, though. :cool: 😂

Before one of our closest Ace Hardware stores closed, I bought 6, 3 packs of those to use. Not quite large enough but it gets the job done.

I bought those, too, based on a previous recommendation. They work great for big messes, like when I cooked a meatloaf, but grease will still get between them and the drip pan, because they’re a bit too small. I’m now playing around with double layers of heavy duty foil. I’ll still use the Traeger liners anytime I anticipate copious amounts of really burnt-on chunks, though.

I've been using foil but it seems to keep it from draining very well. I get puddles of grease on mine. Maybe I don't have my drip tray installed correctly?

I've been using foil but it seems to keep it from draining very well. I get puddles of grease on mine. Maybe I don't have my drip tray installed correctly?
Yes, the foil does slow the flow a bit, but to date, it’s not been an issue for me. I’m pretty neurotic about changing the foil after every cook- 2 at most, though. The other key for me is smoothing out the foil as much as possible, with no wrinkles. Even though I’ve gotten a teeny bit of pooling, I’ve not gotten any unwanted fires (yet, anyway- give me time, and I’m sure that the fire will eventually win and give me a free waxing).

As @Mastertech59 mentioned, you can feel free to try going naked with your drip pan, scrape it, and see what you prefer. It’s just my personal opinion, but I prefer to reserve nudity for other things.

Lastly, I fought the drip pan way more than I like to admit. If you put it in with the right side lower than the left, like this: “\” (as someone else brilliantly described), make sure that the left side is over the lip near the left wall, and the right side is over the lip of the grease trough, you should be okay. It shouldn’t be too wobbly or hit the heat deflector. I don’t know if I made any sense there.

If you’ve already been doing all of this, then I defer to the masters here.

Last edited:
Yes, the foil does slow the flow a bit, but to date, it’s not been an issue for me. I’m pretty neurotic about changing the foil after every cook- 2 at most, though. The other key for me is smoothing out the foil as much as possible, with no wrinkles. Even though I’ve gotten a teeny bit of pooling, I’ve not gotten any unwanted fires (yet, anyway- give me time, and I’m sure that the fire will eventually win and give me a free waxing).

As @Mastertech59 mentioned, you can feel free to try going naked with your drip pan, scrape it, and see what you prefer. It’s just my personal opinion, but I prefer to reserve nudity for other things.

Lastly, I fought the drip pan way more than I like to admit. If you put it in with the right side lower than the left, like this: “\” (as someone else brilliantly described), make sure that the left side is over the lip near the left wall, and the right side is over the lip of the grease trough, you should be okay. It shouldn’t be too wobbly or hit the heat deflector. I don’t know if I made any sense there.

If you’ve already been doing all of this, then I defer to the masters here.
A torpedo level is your friend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back