Stampede Jerky

Cirhere

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
What meat should I use to make Jerky no access to any venison

Thanks
Russ

I have used very lean ground beef, London broil or eye of round with great success.

I've never used my recteq Bull to make jerky but it's on the things to do list at some point. In the past I've used these cuts of meat to make and dry jerky, flank, eye of round and london broil.

No experience with the recteq either always with a dehydrator. Fat is the enemy so as lean as possible - round is the best choice and even then cut out all exterior fat you can.

The flavor off the Trailblazer is awesome. I don't heavily season, the smoke and meat is really good.

In addition to London broil beef, which is my norm, I've even made jerky with chicken and it came out great. One important lesson that I've earned is no matter what meat you use you should make sure that each strip is the same thickness and that's tough to do without a true meat slicer.

Full disclosure: I typically use one of my deydrators for jerky.

tpack;15417630 said:
full-8162-247404-img_1667.jpg

full-8162-247405-img_1670.jpg

full-8162-247406-img_1676.jpg

This is from a post I made a while back. Any cut from the round makes great jerky. I recommend waiting till top round, bottom round or eye round roast go on sale and stock up. This is bottom round.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=778827

In addition to London broil beef, which is my norm, I've even made jerky with chicken and it came out great. One important lesson that I've earned is no matter what meat you use you should make sure that each strip is the same thickness and that's tough to do without a true meat slicer.

Full disclosure: I typically use one of my deydrators for jerky.
thanks

46EDBDEF-8C38-4324-AFB3-A39A0BA1435D.jpeg

My first attempt at Jerky on the 590. I have used dehydrator in the past with ground sirloin and flank steak. They were good but I am hoping this will be great. Eye of Round seems to be the favorite as I have scanned through many recipes on line but London Broil, Flank and a couple others seem to do well also. As lean as possible is most important, Fat is not jerky’s friend. I am marinating overnight and smoking in the morning for a Superbowl snack.
46EDBDEF-8C38-4324-AFB3-A39A0BA1435D.jpeg

View attachment 8494
My first attempt at Jerky on the 590. I have used dehydrator in the past with ground sirloin and flank steak. They were good but I am hoping this will be great. Eye of Round seems to be the favorite as I have scanned through many recipes on line but London Broil, Flank and a couple others seem to do well also. As lean as possible is most important, Fat is not jerky’s friend. I am marinating overnight and smoking in the morning for a Superbowl snack.View attachment 8494
Going to be patiently waiting, me and the pup drooling to see your results on this Eye of Round jerky recipe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back