Bull Lazy Man's Pastrami

bfletcher

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I bought a corned beef brisket from the grocer, so all I need to do is rub, smoke, slice and enjoy some sandwiches. Hopefully it will be edible.

Some black pepper, coriander, garlic powder, paprika and brown sugar. She's darn near ready to meet the Bull:

And BAM! at the snap of a finger she's smoked and rested. Kissed with pecan pellets. Actually, this was an overnight rest in the fridge; it was late and I was too tired to slice it. You can see the impressions from the vac seal bag:

Full of energy now, she's sliced and tasty :)

Thanks for looking and I hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend :)

I follow a similar path in that I start with a prepackaged corned beef. You got a nice piece looking at the marbling, might even be point meat there. I purposely look for a prepackaged piece that is mostly uniform in thickness to a minimum of three corners and preferably all four. That usually indicates the cut was made with some flat plus some point, or more/all point. If it tapers off on two corners then it's more likely all flat with little marbling, which doesn't give as succulent of a pastrami. Also I prefer a steam finish after the smoke for additional tenderness and some au jus. Nice job you did there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back