Leftover Brisket Rescue Recipe?

Eric

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
My latest brisket came out a bit dry. I usually wrap in foil but attempted to use butcher paper this time. I don't think I did a good job wrapping as it was a bit loose. I also got it from a different place then my usual. I'm going to blame the supplier! Any recipes for sauces or glazes after the fact? I have already sliced it all. Thanks

Could always do an Auju using broiler pan, foil and your oven. Otherwise heres a KC style sauce that I use..

1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 cup yellow onion, diced
1 tablespoon garlic, diced
2 cups ketchup
2 cups tomato puree
1/2 cup blackstrap molasses
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper

1. Preheat a 3 1/2 quart sauce pot over medium heat. Add olive oil. Next add onions and sautee for 5 - 6 minutes, stirring often, or until translucent and soft, but not caramelized. Add garlic and stir for another minute.

2. Add ketchup, tomato puree, molasses, and apple cider vinegar and bring to a simmer. Should take about 5 minutes to come to a simmer.

3. Finally add sugar, salt, cayenne, and black pepper and stir. Using a hand immersion blender, blend the ingredients to grind up the onion and garlic.

Bring back to a simmer and cover for another 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Let it cool to room temp.

Yes. I am really pleased with the au jus I make for my tritip. I use it on the brisket no matter how juicey it comes out.

1 qt beef stock (richer than broth)
1/4 cup favorite rub
2 tablespoons Dales Steak Seasoning (or soy sauce)
1/8 to 1/4 cup dark red wine
1 to 3 tablespoons of Frank's Hot Sauce (to taste)

Heat it to a boil and stir. Add any beef drippings you may have to add more flavor.

Slice your brisket and put in containers with this au jus when in the fridge. You'll be eating the meat cold standing at the fridge once you try it. ;)

My latest brisket came out a bit dry. I usually wrap in foil but attempted to use butcher paper this time. I don't think I did a good job wrapping as it was a bit loose. I also got it from a different place then my usual. I'm going to blame the supplier! Any recipes for sauces or glazes after the fact? I have already sliced it all. Thanks
You could always make brisket stew out of it.

Chop it or in food processor and add it to some baked beans or make a chili with it. Ask me how I know...;)

Bet it would make one heck of a brisket hash, brisket omlete, brisket pizza, chop it up and mix it with your favorite BBQ sauce and make brisket BBQ sandwich, maybe a brisket sloppy joe.... Brisket fajitas, just grill some peppers, onions and toss it together with some corn or flour tortillas...

I could go on but you get the point and my mouth is watering now....

Damnit... Now I've got to thaw a brisket and get it on the smoker to fix my craving.... Thanks! ?

-David

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back