Stampede Lets talk Cold smoke

ndfan6464

Active Military
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Alright been ages since I've been on here so what brings me back is finally retired and time to use the smoker nonstop haha..

Question. What's your method for cold smoking ham?

I've got a raw ham that I've brined and want to cold smoke it so I can put in the freezer for another day. I have the stampede no cold smoker box. Everything I've read says keep at 100 degrees for min of 12hrs. What's your thoughts? And it's great to be back... cheers

@Wslayer nice link, thanks. I only disagree with the part about cold smoking not tasting better. IMO, it absolutely does. There's a difference in texture, which I think plays into the taste perception. My regular items to cold smoke are Pork Loin, Pork Tenderloin and Pork Belly. They are cured and allowed to lose substantial moisture after the smoke. It can keep for years if you do it right. But if you do it right, it usually gets eaten up pretty quick.

This is VERY Different than Smoking..a already cooked ham ... Go to the above site.. then read a lot about raw meat-time-smoking... This is a seperate ART...

The one thing I have found that is useful from Masterbuilt is their standalone Slow and Cold Smoker Accessory Attachment. It uses chips, but works great is you want to cold smoke cheeses and fish.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back