Light question

Grillmatt

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
So, noticed before leaving for work this am (in the dark) a new light was illuminated on my 700. There’s the standard led indicating light, and there the light switch to the right of it which controls the light inside the grill (never use as it’s pointless given it stays dirty). Anyway, this light switch was illuminated and wouldn’t turn off or on when I toggled it. I unplugged and plugged back in but it stayed on? I unplugged the grill as I didn’t have time to troubleshoot but just wandering what this could mean? It turned on so hopefully nothing major. Anyone experienced this before? Thx

No, I've never experienced that or heard of it before.

I'm only guessing here.........

The portion of the controller that controls the light has probably failed (in the "On" position).

You can either call RT, describe the problem and request a new controller. Or, leave the controller alone and ignore the lamp. I agree, the light/lamp is rather pointless. I think I saw somewhere that Barkeeper's Friend would do a good job of cleaning the glass. I've never tried it as I don't really care about the light. I have enough other things to do with my time.

At the end of the day, I probably would request a new controller and replace it. Not so much because of the light, but to make sure that I have a fully functional controller. Sometimes, one failure can or will lead to another and then you may have a non-functioning grill because of it. Perhaps a bit of a stretch, but I'm a "belt and suspenders" kind of guy........

Last edited:
@Grillmatt , a picture would be helpful.
This was the light than was on. Was on (lit) in the on and off position. Is off now. I will say the night before it got rained on without a cover in a pretty intense wind and rain storm. Cooking or planning to cook on it tonite, so maybe it worked itself out? Stay tuned.

IMG_6948.jpeg

FYI the light on my switch is on either way, off or on also. I was thinking is was designed that way so you can see it at night.

Is that the wifi connection light? I don’t have a Bull, so not sure. But, if it is, it would be on regardless of the switch position.

Having the button lit when it's dark out and you need to find the button to turn on a light would make sense. I don't know for sure, but just maybe it's the new power button 2.0.

The big question, does your refrigerator light actually turn off when you close the door 🤔

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back