Low Sodium Rub

Mlmurrah

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
When your doctor prescribes a low sodium diet, that puts a crimp in your barbecue plans. Most rubs are laden with salt. Some say that commercial rubs are about 50% salt. After all salt is the least expensive ingredient in a rub.

That is what happened to me when I had coronary bypass surgery.

You can make your own low sodium rub, and there are low salt recipes on the Internet. However, I found a commercial solution: Dano's Low Sodium rub. It comes in two flavors, regular and spicy. I have used it on several cooks and like it a lot. Today I used it on four racks of baby back ribs

Here is the web site where it can be ordered: danosseasoning.com/

When your doctor prescribes a low sodium diet, that puts a crimp in your barbecue plans. Most rubs are laden with salt. Some say that commercial rubs are about 50% salt. After all salt is the least expensive ingredient in a rub.

That is what happened to me when I had coronary bypass surgery.

You can make your own low sodium rub, and there are low salt recipes on the Internet. However, I found a commercial solution: Dano's Low Sodium rub. It comes in two flavors, regular and spicy. I have used it on several cooks and like it a lot. Today I used it on four racks of baby back ribs

Here is the web site where it can be ordered: danosseasoning.com/

Dizzy Pig are my absolute favorite line of rubs, and they have both no-salt and low-salt options. Have tried at least 10 different ones and they are all fantastic. https://dizzypigbbq.com/seasonings/

By the way, glad you're still getting creative and cooking good food after the bypass surgery!

Dizzy Pig are my absolute favorite line of rubs, and they have both no-salt and low-salt options. Have tried at least 10 different ones and they are all fantastic. https://dizzypigbbq.com/seasonings/

By the way, glad you're still getting creative and cooking good food after the bypass surgery!
They are a great option. I use them

Thanks for the ideas and sharing. I am trying to watch my salt too. Having just bought a 590 and 380, I find that I am probably eating healthier and better. I think my cooks have less salt than the crap we were eating out. I can't explain it, but I am also eating smaller portions. I am just enjoying grilling more!

Yeah, I usually make my own rubs, but will buy from time to time. I try to get the ones that are less than 100mg/serving of sodium. I have never used much salt when cooking and definitely never add any additional when on the plate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back