Bull Monster brisket

LOL! I’ve ordered several times from Wild Fork and been very satisfied. Last week I ordered a brisket for my brother and made a larger order including a brisket for myself. The suggested weight was 13 pounds. His came last Friday and was 4 pounds and mine arrived today and was 27! pounds. I have never heard of one so small or large!

I think the biggest one I've ever done was 18 pounds. What leaps out to me right away is that some interesting trimming will be required so that you don't have a flat that's an inch (or less) thick and the thickest part of the point being in the four inch range. Others may have some thoughts, but this one might be worth separating the point from the flat and cooking separately.

Of course if it's thick enough you'll probably get to watch multiple sunrises and multiple hopper refills before being done. Most of my brisket cooks generally fall in the one hour per pound ballpark.

The more I think about it, I'd really lean towards separating the muscles on this one.

LOL! I’ve ordered several times from Wild Fork and been very satisfied. Last week I ordered a brisket for my brother and made a larger order including a brisket for myself. The suggested weight was 13 pounds. His came last Friday and was 4 pounds and mine arrived today and was 27! pounds. I have never heard of one so small or large!
Wowser!!! That’s a beast! Unless you are planning to cook for a BIG group, you might consider splitting it into a point and flat for separate cooking. Or, as @Pacman suggests, plan on seeing a couple of sunrises and sunsets. :ROFLMAO:

I’ve already called haha. They only charged me for a an 18.91# price??? Just flabbergasted. I might split it but also emailed customer service. Ordered from them several times and have had great results. It’s just hilarious with the 4-27 pd spread. WTF????

That's wild, never heard of a brisket that big. I've never separated the flat from the point before but I would be super tempted to do that with one that big.

Or just let it ride for a day or more straight.....unless you put a pan under it, I would expect to fill up a bucket with all fat.

Let us know how it goes, super curious.

I've never separated the flat from the point before but I would be super tempted to do that with one that big.
I've actually done it almost by accident before. When you start hacking away at the fat seam between the point and the flat, all of a sudden you see the path of fat to separate the two. A good sharp knife and not hacking (as I suggest) isn't very difficult. I do a worse job trimming the perimeter and removing too much fat cap most of the time. Thankfully, time forgives a lot of mistakes on the longer cooks.

Last edited:
I would separate the point from the flat. I did this last time I did a brisket and made pastrami with the flat. If the flat is thin, it will not hold up well under a super long smoke.

I've split our Briskets for almost every cook
Pick your Video on how-to:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=splitting+the+point+from+the+flat+
Videos aside;
I do try to leave enough of the "Fatcap" on the Flat, and trim it to the usual quarter inch with the rest of the Flat
And "clean-up" one side of the Point to get a clean "Meat Side" and a "Fat Cap" on the Point
Memorial Day 2023 Briskets-1.JPG

Given the OP; Yeah, I'd split them, and depending on the size of the Flat, maybe cut it in two, and cook it as three Roasts
Eat some that day, a Vac-Seal the rest

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back