Bull New leg design on the RT?

OldBallsBBQ

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
So I purchased an RT-700 in April, love it 100% and the customer service is unmatched.

Just wondering the YouTubes and came across this new assembly video for the 700.

It looks as if they have updated their leg and base design to a wider stance. Has anyone purchased one say in the last month that has this new design?

Sure wish I knew this was an option! ? Hopefully they fixed the “poor” wheel design too.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Cheers

Yup they've updated and it's been mentioned a time or two here. Now it seems we're still trying to work out how to do an updated wheel mod.

I have the new version, seems very stable. I will not be moving mine much, so I don’t see a need for the wheel mod. Although the height would be nice. By the way, Loving that bull, hell of a unit!!

I get my new Bull today can't wait!!... Thinking I'll do a wheel mod right away since I'm 6'4".. anyone do a larger wheel mod than those already posted?

I get my new Bull today can't wait!!... Thinking I'll do a wheel mod right away since I'm 6'4".. anyone do a larger wheel mod than those already posted?
First of all....Welcome to the family!!
Wow 6'4" you might as well use the grill while on your knees and it still might be too low...lol

Congrats on geting the new grill today...Look forward to seeing some of your smokes with it!

I'll do my burn in today, and check my probes etc... Didn't realise the new legs may need a alternate mod from those posted before. I'll post whatever I decide to try. Thanks for the welcome.

Well, had a few things to correct but customer service is top-notch . Things are coming in the mail. Next pics should be of the "Porky-goodness" variety*
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190621110331779_COVER.jpg

Hey Buckeye, I’m waiting for The Bull to arrive and I plan to do a higher wheel mod right away. I’m 6’5” barefoot and with the amount of time I plan to spend with this smoker I need something comfy. I’ll keep you posted.

Yeah let me know what ya do...I noticed the other wheel Mod posts are for the old style straight legs...the newer ones have angled legs an require a little different method...If I do anything before you I'll post it also. Goodluck and congratulations.

Yup they've updated and it's been mentioned a time or two here. Now it seems we're still trying to work out how to do an updated wheel mod.
Just curious...with the updated legs...what is the need for the wheel mod? I thought it was done to give the unit a more stable stance but it would seem to me the updated leg design with the brackets does a good job of taking care of that issue. Maybe I'm wrong?

So I purchased an RT-700 in April, love it 100% and the customer service is unmatched.

Just wondering the YouTubes and came across this new assembly video for the 700.

It looks as if they have updated their leg and base design to a wider stance. Has anyone purchased one say in the last month that has this new design?

Sure wish I knew this was an option! ? Hopefully they fixed the “poor” wheel design too.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Cheers
Just got mine and it has the updated legs.

Hey guys, I know this thread is a little old, but I wanted to see if anyone has done the wheel mod to the wife stance leg kit?

Thanks - Jonathan

I ended up getting the comp cart because I have to naive the bull all over the backyard, depending on where the party is.

Would you be willing to sell the regular leg kit since you have the comp cart?

I have the 700 base, and would entertain selling that, as I have the comp cart. Never used; I wish Rec Tec would offer a SKU without the regular base if the buyer is getting the comp cart.

I have the 700 base, and would entertain selling that, as I have the comp cart. Never used; I wish Rec Tec would offer a SKU without the regular base if the buyer is getting the comp cart.
Cool! Would you be able to give me a rough weight and what zip code you would be shipping from? What were you looking to get for the kit?

Thanks

Jon

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back