Stampede Rec Tec Grill Device off line

Hi The blue light on the extender was solid. I thought I was home free.My phone shows 2.4 extender with no internet?
I don't think I have the extender configured right. I was trying another method #2 using The Tether App,but had trouble signing on to it. Some thing about my e -mail & passwords were invalid?
Thanks Dan
PS I'm going to drop back 10 yards & punt. :unsure:
My guess is that the extender isn't connected to the router. Start again with step #1 in the quick install guide. I'd configure manually instead of the WPS button. Takes more effort but you should have more control of the result.

Hi Al It is 7am and I'm trying to connect the extender to my phone, going was good until, my phone couldn't find the extender.This is what I get. I have NO idea what they are asking me to do??
Sorry but this WiFi stuff has pass me by.
Thanks Dan

Attachments

• DSC04719.JPG
    DSC04719.JPG
    435.7 KB · Views: 73
Dan, an extender works by connecting to your home WiFi and then rebroadcasting the signal. That means you need to configure the extender by giving it the name and password for your WiFi (like you would for connecting your phone or a laptop).

To do that, you need to disconnect from your home WiFi and then connect to the extender's WiFi. This should be a one-time step and it's a direct connection so you can access the settings and configure the device. The extender won't have an internet connection at this stage, because it's not yet connected to the router. Don't worry about that, it's normal. It will have an internet connection later on, once the configuration is done successfully and the extender connects to the router.

The advice is to do the setup with the extender located as close to the router as possible. They should be in the same room. This is to make sure there is a strong signal between them. After the configuration is done successfully you can move the extender to a new location between the router and your dead spot.

I hope that helps you understand the big picture. The details of the steps for configuring the extender should be in the quick install guide that came with the extender.

To do that, you need to disconnect from your home WiFi and then connect to the extender's WiFi.
How do I go about doing that.
Right now I'm waiting to chat with TP-LINK customer service.

Just connect to the extender's SSID (name) in your phone's WiFi settings. Same place you connect the phone to home WiFi. Should be something like "TP-Link_Extender_2.4GHz/5GHz" or "TP-LINK_Extender_2.4GHz/5GHz"

Do you have the printed install guide that came with the device?

the extender shows up in my wifi settings with no internet.
I do have the install guide. I already tried 2 ways to connect to my router... No luck
Spoke to the Verizon that suggested a newer router that is more powerful

Dan, go back and read post #103. I know you're impatient but you need to slow down and read what I wrote (no internet connection is normal since you haven't configured it yet). Then read the manufacturer's install guide and follow the steps. Go slowly. You can do this if you follow the steps and don't skip ahead to "I just want it to work".

Hi All I going to to take the easy way out, buy a New router from Verizon, with a stronger WiFi signal.
Thanks Guys for ALL your help.
Dan
PS We can finally put this thread to bed.This WiFi stuff has pass me by.:unsure:

Last edited:
Hi All I going to to take the easy way out, buy a New router from Verizon, with a stronger WiFi signal.
Thanks Guys for ALL your help.
Dan
PS We can finally put this thread to bed.This WiFi stuff has pass me by.:unsure:

QUITTER!! Lol! You were almost there, Dan! Don't give up now! You're making this way harder than it needs to be.

Look at it this way. Each device has his own task. Your main router supplies internet/WiFi signal, WiFi extender connects to router to supply that signal to further distances, and lastly, your grill/cell phone connects to the extender so that you can continue on with your life without all of the frustration.

That said, connect the extender to your router just like you connect your phone and other devices to your router. Once that's complete, connect the grill and your phone to the extender (for this step follow the video provided in post #106) and live happily ever after. (y) ;)?

I hear you BUT the extender doesn't want to connect to my router. Post 106 been there done that
Thanks Dan

This is how far I got..the extender does NOT want to connect my router. Why ? Who Knows?
How a good & safe day all
Thanks Dan

Attachments

• DSC04722.JPG
    DSC04722.JPG
    468.9 KB · Views: 72
Ignore the part about no internet connection for now. That is normal. If you do the configuration correctly it will get a connection later.

Do you have the install guide available to read? It should have a step for going into your web browser and looking for a specific address. That is where you will tell the extender how to connect to your router.

Dan seriously, don't ask for help and then not listen to the help you asked for. That makes us believe that you really didn't want help in the first place*
This is the reason you're receiving comments like mine. When you have SEVERAL people saying the same things to you, it's one of those "it's you not us" moments. I'm just saying what MANY are thinking. Goodluck.

Dan seriously, don't ask for help and then not listen to the help you asked for. That makes us believe that you really didn't want help in the first place*
This is the reason you're receiving comments like mine. When you have SEVERAL people saying the same things to you, it's one of those "it's you not us" moments. I'm just saying what MANY are thinking. Goodluck.
Yeah I nothing better to do but just play around in here asking for help and NOT doing it..? I've tried many things that were suggested in here.

Dan, we're trying to help. Really. I'm at a loss what to tell you. You have the setup guide from the device and I've tried to explain the bigger picture. I don't know if you aren't reading, or aren't understanding.

You might want to phone tech support for the extender. Call them, don't use chat. I think you need someone to talk you through it verbally.

Hi looks like the extender has the 2.4 signal blue light is solid, but It is NOt on my phone 5G is on my phone and connected at full strenth?

On my phone I would go to settings (the little gear) and click on WIFI. A list of networks comes up, I have one that is the name of my router, MOTO8D6C, then one that is MOTO8D6C-5G, I would click on the one without the -5G. Yours will vary, you'd have to let us know what you see in the list of networks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back