Rec Tec Not Listed on Amazon

LowNSlow1911

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hello Everyone. I am a new owner of the Bull. I unpacked it today and noticed some messy-looking sealant work on the inside of the unit. I decided to contact customer service to determine if this is to be expected. In my search for my Amazon order number, I noticed that Rec Tec products didn't seem to be listed. I have two questions.

1. Did anyone receive their Rec Tec with some sort of red sealant slightly splattered on the inside (see picture)?
2. Is Rec Tec still a seller on Amazon? What is going on with that situation? (See picture)

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Attachments

• 20200607_002547.jpg
    20200607_002547.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 229
  • 20200607_002827.jpg
    20200607_002827.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 183
  • 20200607_002842.jpg
    20200607_002842.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 185
  • Screenshot_20200607-011615_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200607-011615_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 175
  • Screenshot_20200607-011546_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200607-011546_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    474.5 KB · Views: 159
Welcome, excellent choice with your new Bull!

That sloppy sealant work isn't normal. You should be able to remove it easily without much trouble and it shouldn't effect the operation of your new Bull at all. I'd do a quick visual check of the rest of the caulking on your grill just to make sure it looks good and was done correctly to your satisfaction. Any problems you have with your new grill feel free to contact Rec Tec customer service and they WILL make it right. Just give them a chance too.

I can't speak for anything about Amazon, I went directly to Rec Tec for mine.

Rec Tec will handle any problems. Infantryman is correct, should be able to get off easily but should be there anyway. The customer service number is in your packaging. Even though its aggravating don't let it take away the fun you are going to have with this smoker. ??

Welcome, excellent choice with your new Bull!

That sloppy sealant work isn't normal. You should be able to remove it easily without much trouble and it shouldn't effect the operation of your new Bull at all. I'd do a quick visual check of the rest of the caulking on your grill just to make sure it looks good and was done correctly to your satisfaction. Any problems you have with your new grill feel free to contact Rec Tec customer service and they WILL make it right. Just give them a chance too.

I can't speak for anything about Amazon, I went directly to Rec Tec for mine.
Go Greenie Go

I try to buy as little as possible on Amazon generally there are better deals elsewhere, Jeff Bezos already has enough money and doesn't need mine. The grills on Amazon come from Rec Tec give them a call there great and will take care of you.

Last edited:
From webfx.com, who ever they are...
"Amazon seller fees depend on more than 10 different factors, including the seller’s account type. Individual sellers pay $0.99 for every item sold, while Professional sellers pay $39.99 per month. Both account types pay a variable closing fee of $1.80 for every media item sold, plus a referral fee percentage, which ranges from 6% to 96%, for every item sold."

Even at 6%, the Amazon fees could be enough of a charge to make one NOT list there if sales were strong enough without. Charge cards add another 2-3%.

Hello Everyone. I am a new owner of the Bull. I unpacked it today and noticed some messy-looking sealant work on the inside of the unit. I decided to contact customer service to determine if this is to be expected. In my search for my Amazon order number, I noticed that Rec Tec products didn't seem to be listed. I have two questions.

1. Did anyone receive their Rec Tec with some sort of red sealant slightly splattered on the inside (see picture)?
2. Is Rec Tec still a seller on Amazon? What is going on with that situation? (See picture)

It’s only silicone just peel or cut it off.
Not a big deal.

Mine came direct from Rec Tec yeasterday it’s just like yours... I just left it like that.. I’m thinking it won’t hurt anything.

Two smudges of silicone? Get the grease flowing and ash flying, you won't notice a few smudges of extra silicone. I think your expectations are slightly unreasonable. Bent cart legs, missing hardware, and unfitting lids are unacceptable.

If I remember correctly I also has a couple of orange silicone turds in the bottom of the Bulls barrel, I scraped them off with a razor blade and fired the grill up, now everything down in the bottom of the Bulls barrel is covered in 1/2 to 3/4 inches of pellet ash.
The silicone in my hopper has starting pealing off lately, I wonder what smoke flavor this stuff gives off. o_O

Last edited:
Good deal. Thanks everyone. I am pretty anxious to get this thing smokin. I was thinking I may have received a refurbished product since I ordered from Amazon. From what I've read and been told, Rec Tec is a stand-up company and stands behind their product. Just wanted to ensure that it wasn't a sign of some other malfunction.

Last edited:
From webfx.com, who ever they are...
"Amazon seller fees depend on more than 10 different factors, including the seller’s account type. Individual sellers pay $0.99 for every item sold, while Professional sellers pay $39.99 per month. Both account types pay a variable closing fee of $1.80 for every media item sold, plus a referral fee percentage, which ranges from 6% to 96%, for every item sold."

Even at 6%, the Amazon fees could be enough of a charge to make one NOT list there if sales were strong enough without. Charge cards add another 2-3%.

I actually saw a Rec Tec video on their Youtube channel with one of the co-founders stating that it's actually cheaper to order from Amazon. I was somewhat surprised as well. But it makes sense when you consider the shipping efficiencies of Amazon.

Good deal. Thanks everyone. I pretty anxious to get this thing smokin. I was thinking I may have received a refurbished product since I ordered from Amazon. From what I've read and been told, Rec Tec is a stand-up company and stands behind their product. Just wanted to ensure that it wasn't a sign of some other malfunction.
Question why did you purchase it from Amazon instead of directly from Rec Tec?
I don't think it's a refurbished grill.
Rec Tec will be there and take care of you, give them a call on Monday 706-922-0890

Last edited:
Question why did you purchase it from Amazon instead of directly from Rec Tec?
I don't think it's a refurbished grill.
Rec Tec will be there and take care of you, give them a call on Monday 706-922-0890

In hindsight, I would go directly with Rec Tec. But I i was watching the Rec Tec Youtube channel and they often mention that you can get their products cheaper and faster through Amazon. For example, they do it at the 24:15 mark in this video:

I'll know next time though.

In hindsight, I would go directly with Rec Tec. But I i was watching the Rec Tec Youtube channel and they often mention that you can get their products cheaper and faster through Amazon. For example, they do it at the 24:15 mark in this video:

I'll know next time though.
Be assured Rec Tec will be there for you and once you fire this baby up your going to love it. Rec Tec was actually talking about getting there pellets quicker and cheaper at the 24:15 point in this video.

Last edited:
When I purchased my Bull last year it also had 2 small dabs there. I did an Amazon comparison before I bought mine and it was actually cheaper to buy direct from RecTec. Enjoy your new addiction?

I just bought mine directly from Rec Tec. They are not available on Amazon right now because most of their grills are on back order. They said it is not because of any shut downs (they have been open every day). They said their sales are through the roof with people staying home and cooking more.

I just bought mine directly from Rec Tec. They are not available on Amazon right now because most of their grills are on back order. They said it is not because of any shut downs (they have been open every day). They said their sales are through the roof with people staying home and cooking more.
Nice problem to have sales through the roof.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back