Stampede Recteq 590 Stampede reviews

mac_hine82

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
So I got my Stampede about 3 weeks ago. I had a few growing pains that initially left a bad taste in my mouth. I had paint issues, poor wifi signal and an auger jam on my 2nd cook. I almost turned around and sold it on OfferUp. In my haste I left a 2 star review on RecTeq’s website. I thought it was weird when I bought it that there was only positive reviews. Now I know why, they are not publishing negative reviews. The review I wrote was a very honest and respectful review. But I think there is something shady going on with their review censorship. Since then I gave the grill a 2nd chance, I haven’t got a auger jam again. The WiFi still is what it is, it required a extender just to make it to the other side of my 2 car garage. And the paint, they sent me some rattle cans. I’m never gonna use them but at least they made an effort to make it right. I would give the grill a 4 star review now. But just want to see if anyone else noticed that about their reviews.

Attachments

• 66C0EECA-53D4-4A2F-A5E6-A8530B52EB58.jpeg
    66C0EECA-53D4-4A2F-A5E6-A8530B52EB58.jpeg
    279.7 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
So I got my Stampede about 3 weeks ago. I had a few growing pains that initially left a bad taste in my mouth. I had paint issues, poor wifi signal and an auger jam on my 2nd cook. I almost turned around and sold it on OfferUp. In my haste I left a 2 star review on RecTeq’s website. I thought it was weird when I bought it that there was only positive reviews. Now I know why, they are not publishing negative reviews. The review I wrote was a very honest and respectful review. But I think there is something shady going on with their review censorship. Since then I gave the grill a 2nd chance, I haven’t got a auger jam again. The WiFi still is what it is, it required a extender just to make it to the other side of my 2 car garage. And the paint, they sent me some rattle cans. I’m never gonna use them but at least they made an effort to make it right. I would give the grill a 4 star review now. But just want to see if anyone else noticed that about their reviews.
I had the same issue with my review.

They've actually gotten better about that..........when I bought mine more than a couple years ago they only allowed 5 star reviews on their site. At least now they "allow" a few (very) 4 stars.:LOL:

It's a stupid thing to do, and as noted above, it's a relatively well know practice by them that's been criticized here and elsewhere with some regularity. That said, it's one of the few, repeatable, valid and glaring deficiencies of the product. BTW, Amazon does similar things on some products, just not to the same degree and frequency.............I think.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back