RecTeq accessories comment

TahoeMike00

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I picked up a RT-700 about a month ago. I really wanted to get the large interior shelf but it was out of stock. I e-mailed tech support asking when they would be back in stock, the answer was "we don't really know, they just come in 'whenever' "
I waited another week and decided to call and talk to a human kind. I asked about the shelf, and I pretty much got the same answer. Ok, no problem I will wait. The rep suggested that I put my e-mail address in the "Notify me when it's available" and I did that as I was talking with the rep. Then he told me that he would start a list and would call me to let me know as soon as they were back in stock. So I was double-covered.

Fast forward another week or two, and I received a corporate e-mail about site-wide sale. Ok, I'll bite. Scrolling though the goods. I see the 'large interior shelf' with a ADD TO CART button. I'm in. Add to cart, order, pay. Shazaam! They shipped it out the next day and I received the shelf already. Yay! Then I realized that I never received an e-mail that the item was back in stock (I checked my spam folder just to be sure) nor did I receive a phone call letting me know the item was back in stock.

I get it, they are busy. But... oh well. SO! If anyone was waiting for the large shelfs to be back in stock, now's your chance! (but it's not on sale anymore)
https://www.recteq.com/products/large-interior-shelf

Last edited:
Kind of defeats the purpose of "notify me" huh.....

I would have had a good alternative I got instead of the large shelf but looks like you are set.

Welcome to the Forum Mike

That's odd
The "Notify Me" worked for their Smoke Box
Maybe because they sent you the email on the sale, in their system, that covered the "Notify Me" email

“Notify Me” worked for me but I wanted to take advantage of the sale so I got the smaller rack because it was in stock. A week later, after the sale, I got the “Notify Me” email to let me know the large rack was in stock. My luck.

LOL, I eventually got the 'Notify Me' e-mail. And as of this typing, the large rack is still in stock, so all would have been good even if I had checked 10 days later. I would have missed the site-wide sale.

My issue with them is when i am in the Rec Teq page is I can put stuff in cart but it will NOT let me finish the purchase. I have tried to buy everything. Pellets, to sauces, to accessories.... I have tried 3-4 times and on two different computers (thought maybe my work one was the problem).

For what it’s worth, I have found their 2 small shelves offer a lot more versatility and variety in your cooking methods. I can put 4 racks of ribs on one side and a full packer brisket with a pork but below it or 2 full racks and 4 butts or many other combinations. Just a choice if you find yourselves in a bind. YMMV but they are also easier to transport and to use on other grills.

Just saying…

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back