Recteq Support A++++

Steeleman20

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Just wanted to introduce myself as a proud member of the Recteq family and give my experience with this company.

I purchased a 1250 and received it a few days before Christmas. I noticed after putting it together that there was a weld issue along the end cap of the barrel. I immediately called tech support and after sending a few pictures of the issue to them, it was decided that I needed to have a new one sent to me.

I asked if it'd be OK if I used it as I planned to smoke a brisket for Christmas and I was told I could.

I received the new smoker approximately 9 days later (could of been sooner, but it was during the Christmas Holiday) and all I had to do was to break down and box the damaged cooker. Recteq took care of everything.

My few smokes with this grill has been fantastic; temps are very constant and I've been able to smoke great foods for the family!

Though I had my doubts about going with this brand over others, I am a proud owner of a RT-1250!

Hope this helps anyone with doubts about this brand!

Just wanted to introduce myself as a proud member of the Recteq family and give my experience with this company.

I purchased a 1250 and received it a few days before Christmas. I noticed after putting it together that there was a weld issue along the end cap of the barrel. I immediately called tech support and after sending a few pictures of the issue to them, it was decided that I needed to have a new one sent to me.

I asked if it'd be OK if I used it as I planned to smoke a brisket for Christmas and I was told I could.

I received the new smoker approximately 9 days later (could of been sooner, but it was during the Christmas Holiday) and all I had to do was to break down and box the damaged cooker. Recteq took care of everything.

My few smokes with this grill has been fantastic; temps are very constant and I've been able to smoke great foods for the family!

Though I had my doubts about going with this brand over others, I am a proud owner of a RT-1250!

Hope this helps anyone with doubts about this brand!

Be interested in seeing the pictures you took showing the weld issues you had.

Here are two pictures that I sent.....

20231221_154458.jpg

20231221_155535.jpg

Most assembly operations like those putting grills together don’t have “welders;” they have machine operators. No real “welder” would have produced a “weld” like that. My dad was a “welder,” and he would have described that so-called “weld” as “a pile of chicken manure.”

Most assembly operations like those putting grills together don’t have “welders;” they have machine operators. No real “welder” would have produced a “weld” like that. My dad was a “welder,” and he would have described that so-called “weld” as “a pile of chicken manure.”

Yes sir very true, I work in a metal fab facility with more than a few welders in employment.

Yes sir very true, I work in a metal fab facility with more than a few welders in employment.
I have seen just this kind of thing done by humans plenty of times. Been in high end fab/machine business close to 48 years now. I would never expect this out of one of my nuke welders but those coming from industries such pre-fab homes and the like have displayed it. It can be fixed with a little coaching. Own your work is essential,

Thanks for all the welcomes. I've been learning a lot from many of our members by reading the message boards!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back