Stampede Removing Pellets

Dan99

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hi All What is the best way to remove pellet from my 590? It has a grid in the hopper that doesn't seem to come out?
THanks Dan

If the 590 is like the 340, there's screws on the underside of the guard. I took my guard off and just leave it sit on top of the pellets. I'll run the pellets down to just about empty, or use a dedicated vac that I use to suck up the remaining.

First mod for me was removing the grate. I like stirring the hopper occasionally to avoid bridging on long cooks.
A small, dedicated shop vac will be your best bet.
My pallet may just be barbaric, but I don't notice a drastic enough difference in pellet smoke flavor to worry too much about changing them.

If the 590 is like the 340, there's screws on the underside of the guard. I took my guard off and just leave it sit on top of the pellets. I'll run the pellets down to just about empty, or use a dedicated vac that I use to suck up the remaining.

Hi If the screws are on the under side, how did u get to them?
Thanks Dan

Assuming the 590 hopper is set up similar to the 340, once the pellet level is below the grate, it's easy with a Phillips to take it out. Mine now just sits on top of
Hopper.jpg
the screws.

Hi It looks the same. Where are the screws?
Thanks dan

Look in the photo above, they are in the grate. They might be covered in pellet dust, but they are there.

Are they on top of the grate. I'm going out too check mine. I don't see any screws on top of the grid?
Thanks Dan

THis is the vac I just bought this vac. How to attach it to a 5 gallon bucket?
Thanks Dan
1588590261430.png

Last edited:
Funny, I have no grate in my 590. Sounds like that is a good thing.

Hi All What is the best way to remove pellet from my 590? It has a grid in the hopper that doesn't seem to come out?
THanks Dan
A small dedicated shop vac will do the trick. They make a pretty small one that is easy to store. It keeps a nice BBQ smell in the closet where you store it. What could be better? ??

Hi so how to I hook it up to a 5 gallon bucket?
Thanks Dan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrzBBQ
Back