Bull Ribeyes on the new Bull

SmokeMeister

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Finally got a chance to grill these up. Snake River Farms Wagyu Ribeyes. Reverse seared using the grill grates. Probably the best steaks I’ve ever had.

EB112E8D-9098-4F77-80A4-38415D28F93F.jpeg

What was your method to cook and sear these. Temps, rest, sear, etc...

SRF has some good meat. pricey but good. I have had pork belly, pork collar, gold brisket
and black grade tri tip. Also had one gold rib eye cap that was unreal but have a little bit of trouble in that a 200 dollar piece of meat still had the silver skin on. Hand trimmed by master butchers my.... but damn good meat.
0715191802_resized.jpg

I have been so tempted. Loebels actually. I look at this meat like once a week. SNR too. And each time i put it in my cart and go to check out and can't do it. Ha. Don't get me wrong... I have dropped some coin in Costco for Prime Ribeyes.. Prime Rib, etc. but something about masking those costs with a cart full of stuff that makes me look past spending $250+ on meat for a couple of meals. Ha.

Costco is just fine for me. Yesterday they had the ribeye cap steaks but still 19.99 for prime.
Prime brisket is down to 3.79 so might be time to make some corned beef and pastrami!
I have been on a Canadian bacon trip for the last 4 weeks coming up 5 now. Two more loins in the fridge for a total of 70 lbs. I will keep making it as long as friends keep wanting to donate to the cause.
C bacon.jpg

I have been so tempted. Loebels actually. I look at this meat like once a week. SNR too. And each time i put it in my cart and go to check out and can't do it. Ha. Don't get me wrong... I have dropped some coin in Costco for Prime Ribeyes.. Prime Rib, etc. but something about masking those costs with a cart full of stuff that makes me look past spending $250+ on meat for a couple of meals. Ha.
I cant afford that stuff. One of my older brothers has a guilt complex about all the shit they did to me when we were kids. He sends me good stuff! Like Traegers and Rec TEC and MEAT!
Had a Loebels tri tip years ago.very tasty and buttery.

What was your method to cook and sear these. Temps, rest, sear, etc...
Yep, I did it very close to that video. Used Weber Chicago Steak seasoning. I had it set for 250, but my wife got delayed at work, so I bumped it down to 180. Took them off at about 115 - 120 and cranked it up to high. Covered them in foil. It was cold and windy, so I put them back on when it was about 400 because I didn't want to wait. About 4-5 minutes, flipping every minute. I like to use the flat side so I get the sear on as much of the meat as possible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back