Stampede RT-590 Smoker vents

TexasSmoker

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Just purchased a new RT-590, set it up and went through the initial burn...no issues all went well, just waiting on my first smoked meal.

My question during the purchase was finding that the optional smoker vents were not available, I assumed they were sold out as I saw some other accessories at the time were also sold out. I have since gone back in to try and purchase the vents but still do not see them available ?? Have they been discontinued ??

Without them, I see a major issue with rainwater running down into the smoker....kindof a bad design in my opinion ?

Any feedback from those of you that have not added the vents ?

Thanks

The Covid thing has probably disrupted their supply chain from China. There have been quite a number of posts lately about a wide variety of accessories being unavailable of late.

As for your concern of a "major issue" with rain water getting in that's likely more in your imagination than will play out in reality. If you're trying to smoke in a serious storm you'll likely have other issues more critical, especially the electronics of the controller, which vent stacks won't have any protection for. Keep in mind too that hot air is being forced out of those three openings either from fan sourced air flow or convection, so light rains might not even be able to get in. You really need to assess whether you're going to really be cooking in severe weather at all.

In regards to the vents, I asked when I ordered a week or so ago. They are just out of stock, they are supposed to email all new owners when they get some in. They already have you on the list.

Im more worried about when the smoker isn't in use since it sits on a patio that isn't covered. I do have a cover for the smoker, so for now I will make sure the cover stays on it when not in use.

Thanks also for the info Padlin00

I smoke in the rain. However, I know the hopper/controller is highly water sensitive. I cover that side of the grill with an unfolded 3-mil garbage bag and hold it in place with magnets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrq202
Back