Bull RT-700 Arrived and assembled

SafetyDan

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. RT-680
The RT-700 has landed in just 4 days. I will do burn in this afternoon and season by cooking 2 lbs of bacon. Over all very nice, absolutely love the new stance. I do think RT-680 smoker was a better built product.

Last edited:
4 days! Hope mine gets here that quick

Once you get the tracking number from RECTEC call UPS to schedule you home delivery, other wise it will be sitting at the depot. Mine arrived at the local UPS depot at 3:35 I called them at 0700 and the truck showed up at 1030 and they placed it in my garage.

I assembled it in 40 minutes (Which amazed my wife as I am festidious and OCD about things being aligned etc).

Love the cover you have.
It is a MC garage, that a friend was throwing away because his new bike didn't fit. I offered him 25 Euro which he accepted. I tried to give it to a young Sailor with a sport bike in Naples Italy for free, the young man refused if because it has three very small tears. I still thought it might be useful when I returned to the states, so here it is in use.

It is a MC garage, that a friend was throwing away because his new bike didn't fit. I offered him 25 Euro which he accepted. I tried to give it to a young Sailor with a sport bike in Naples Italy for free, the young man refused if because it has three very small tears. I still thought it might be useful when I returned to the states, so here it is in use.

My bride would call you a "pack rat". I am the same way and she still does even in the face of such repurposing. Neat-niks are a curse to those of us who were into recycling before it became a fad.:p

Curious why you think the 680 was better made? I do have a question about the 700 construction though. I think I read that the body is supposed to be 14 gauge stainless steel, according to my very accurate calipers it is more like 16 gauge. Was the older RT 680 more like 14 gauge?

The RT 680 was much heavier, the hook for the bucket was not a cheap weld on piece of tin. the piano hinge was welded much better. and the list goes on. BUT the legs are much better.

My bride would call you a "pack rat". I am the same way and she still does even in the face of such repurposing. Neat-niks are a curse to those of us who were into recycling before it became a fad.:p

I try to repurpose things and I thought this would be a good grill cover, and much more durable than the RT cover. I knew I was buying another RECTEC when I got back.

The RT 680 was much heavier, the hook for the bucket was not a cheap weld on piece of tin. the piano hinge was welded much better. and the list goes on. BUT the legs are much better.
I guess in fairness the 680 body was steel and not SS, I would take lighter SS for sure.

Nice !!!...I could hear some serious sizzle going on...haha

My bride loved them. So juicy and delicious.... She said: "I never knew what a $1200 meal would taste like ---- I love it, what are you doing tomorrow!" Winner winner chicken dinner!

Once you get the tracking number from RECTEC call UPS to schedule you home delivery, other wise it will be sitting at the depot. Mine arrived at the local UPS depot at 3:35 I called them at 0700 and the truck showed up at 1030 and they placed it in my garage.

I assembled it in 40 minutes (Which amazed my wife as I am festidious and OCD about things being aligned etc).
No UPS for me. Shipped with another freight company. Should be delivered today so I am pretty excited.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back