Bull Run fan only

Plindmark

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Is there anyway to only run the fan on the 700? I’d like to cold smoke some salmon by using just an amazn tube smoker but would like the fan to run to keep the smoke moving in the grill. I know other pellet grills that you can do this on but I don’t think the 700 will allow. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Thanks. That’s kind of the feeling I’m getting. Can’t find any setting that would allow just the fan to run.

Thanks. That’s kind of the feeling I’m getting. Can’t find any setting that would allow just the fan to run.
I'd suggest sending a quick email or RecTec and seeing if they know of a way that's not mentioned in the manual or on the PID.

Who knows maybe they can share a top secret way of doing so... just remember to share the info here as well. ;)

Good thought. I just sent an email and got a phone call within about 10 mins (can't beat that customer service) and there is a way.

If you put the grill into test mode, you can turn the fan on and it will run until you turn it off. You do this by holding the setting button down with the power off until the display screen comes on. Then hit the power button five times to get to the fan test mode and the fan should then come on. It will stay on as long as you are on that screen. If you leave that screen the fan will shut off.

I was also hoping to have the internal grill temperature show at the same time. Which isn't exactly possible, but you can check the temp by cycling to the temp screen in test mode by hitting the power button several more times but it will shut the fan off until you go back to the fan setting. It will probably be easier to just set up an temperature probe in the grill and monitor the internal temp to make sure it doesn't get too high via a separate unit.

I have used my smoker tube a few times and when I have had enough food on the grill it gets a little crowded for the smoker tube. I was thinking about putting it underneath the drip pan once it was lit. Thought it might be nicer for cold smoking too. Was curious if anyone had tried this or maybe I have been using it wrong by having in sitting on the grates.

Good thought. I just sent an email and got a phone call within about 10 mins (can't beat that customer service) and there is a way.

If you put the grill into test mode, you can turn the fan on and it will run until you turn it off. You do this by holding the setting button down with the power off until the display screen comes on. Then hit the power button five times to get to the fan test mode and the fan should then come on. It will stay on as long as you are on that screen. If you leave that screen the fan will shut off.

I was also hoping to have the internal grill temperature show at the same time. Which isn't exactly possible, but you can check the temp by cycling to the temp screen in test mode by hitting the power button several more times but it will shut the fan off until you go back to the fan setting. It will probably be easier to just set up an temperature probe in the grill and monitor the internal temp to make sure it doesn't get too high via a separate unit.
That's better than nothing. Thanks for sharing man!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back